Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-08-2022, 06:53 AM   #1

Sunny Saturday.

Good morning ladies.
Saturday 5pm here and it's been a beautiful sunny day, with no sign of the rain that was forecast. I did a full load of washing this morning and got it all beautifully dry outside - haven't been able to do that for a while. I love the smell of sun-dried washing. I haven't been up to much the last few days ,as I've been fighting a cold. I think it's winning as I still feel a bit funny, but I'm able to blow my nose now, so that's good. Yesterday I was really blocked up and I had really painful sinuses.

Janna enjoyed her induction course last week. There were 8 of them altogether and they all got treated to chocolate chip cookies. She has managed to pick up four shifts on the app, starting in one weeks time, but there was nothing available left for next week. Available shifts are set out 2 weeks in advance and normally are set out on Mondays, so she's happy that she can choose her days and shift times. I'm so hoping it works out for her.

My cousin still isn't well. I rang her this morning but I can't really talk to her as it starts her coughing. She finished her antibiotics on Thursday, but may go back to the doctor next week if she still feels bad.

I decided to clean out the bathroom cabinet this afternoon. I think I've opened a hornets nest. There's so much junk in the drawers, it's unbelievable.Anyway, I chucked most of it and washed out the drawers and it looks a lot better now. Gosh, don't things accumulate quickly ?

No sign of Jack and Vera today, but I'm sure they'll turn up tomorrow. Last year, they didn't turn up every day either. Funny how I worry about them when I don't see them.

I'm hoping this spell of nice weather will last now, because I really want to get Snoddy to the cat groomer ASAP. I worry that his matts are hurting him a bit when he lies down and he needs them shaved off, but i can't let him get cold either. He's so vicious whenever he sees the comb coming anywhere near him that it's just impossible for me to do anything with him.

PAMELA, how are you feeling now ? Are you still blocked up? Poor Steven with all that coughing. I hope he's feeling a bit better too. That's great that Robyn is just sniffing the cats now and not chasing them. Gosh, you have made progress and in such a short time too. It's good that wee Skye managed to get a few swipes at Robyn and was able to stand her ground rather than run away. That would have shown Robyn that she was no pushover. Good for Skye. It's good that you are going to seek help for basic training for Robyn too. She's a really smart girl, and it won't take long for her to learn the basics, then you can build on that.It sounds as if you've got everything under control there, Pamela. Did you manage to take your cat fish to the pet shop the other day ? I'm sure he'll find a good home. It sounds as if the pet shop is a really good one. I hope you also got all your upstairs work finished.I bet it looks nice now with loads more space.

SHELLEY, I'm glad you enjoyed that military day. Yes, I'm sure you will be glad when your book is finally finished. I'm sure it will be treasured by many future generations of your family in the years ahead. Sorry your weather is a bit up and down at the moment, but at least you were able to enjoy the sea on Wednesday and even managed to stay upright on your cousin's new paddle board ( for a while anyway). Is it just like a surf board ? My BIL, Jared ,is a very keen surfer (has been since he was 11) and supposedly is very good at it. He often goes surfing with his mate at the weekends, summer and winter. I haven't heard of the film Where the Crawdads Sing, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. The movie theatre would have been beautiful as well. Sadly, we have no buildings like that left in Christchurch now due to our quakes

Well ladies, I'm off to take the cats out shortly, then cottage pie for tea tonight. Jack and Vera have just arrived !!! Janna's putting out some duck food for them now, so the cats will have to wait. !!!

Have a fantastic Saturday and may the sun shine for you both today..