Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-08-2022, 06:11 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Tuesday 4.30pm here and it's been a fine day. Nothing much happening with me, except I've been cleaning the lounge and kitchen windows and the glass sliding door between the lounge and the kitchen. Boy, it was filthy. i even think there was some of Willow's slobber on it - her drool went everywhere. I've been trying to figure out how to get the lounge curtains down for the builders. The curtain rod seems to be firmly attached to the wall and I can't find any screws to loosen. The blinds on the other window seem to just unclip, so that will be OK. We've got to get everything out of the lounge. Goodness knows where I'm going to put the furniture - probably just stack it in the kitchen for the duration.Tiles on the roof,will be replaced any time after the 30th, also guttering cleaned and branches from tree cut down on the same day, and then the builders are coming on 9th September to do the lounge.

Good news .Jack and Vera, my ducks, have returned. They turned up on the lawn last night and now Vera alone is out there ,eating the wild bird food. She often used to come on her own last year. Perhaps Jack is at home, sitting on their eggs ?

Janna has to go to Te Pae on Thursday for an induction. between 9am and midday., and she'll also be fitted with a uniform etc. She's quite looking forward to it.She was up there today, handing in her signed contract and various other forms, but her police record will have to wait as it's still on its way to Auckland. I'm really proud of her, as I know she finds the whole process very scary, but she is determined to do it.

Mince and vege pie for tea tonight and I'll do an assortment of extra veges with it. I'm really not into cooking at the moment.

PAMELA, Well you now have Robyn at home with you and she's making her presence known. ! She's not much more than a puppy, so she's bound to be hyper. I'm sure she'll settle down beautifully with you, once you establish firm guidelines for her., and she'll learn what she can and cannot do. As you say, she's a quick learner. Thank goodness Steven managed to catch her when her lead snapped. At least with each walk you take her on, she'll get a bit better and she'll soon be walking at your heels nicely. I'm glad she's no longer snapping at the cats. It certainly didn't take her long to get the message that your cats are out of bounds. It sounds to me that you've got the right approach with her, Pamela. In the meantime, I hope wee Skye isn't too afraid while Robyn learns the ropes. I'm glad you had a nice meal with your dad and sister yesterday, and that bit of retail therapy would have been just what you needed. I hope your new jacket keeps out the rain when you're out walking.

SHELLEY, I hope you and Howard and the pups are enjoying your time in Scotland and the weather has cleared up for you. Did you enjoy those military displays the other day ? I hope you've now heard back from the printer and have arranged to go ahead with the book printing. I guess you're going to need a publisher after that. - sounds expensive, Shelley. Still it will be well worth it in the end.

Well, the cats are waiting to go outside, Vera has flown away and the wee wild birds have finished eating, so I'll go and take the kitties out before it gets cold. i can hear the wind starting to come up, so better go. My cats hate the wind blowing through their fur.

Have a wonderful Tuesday ladies. and hope the sun shines for you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-08-2022, 08:27 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily.

Hello ladies, bit dull here this morning but you never know what will happen later.
The weather can change just like that, I dont bother looking at the forecast much.
The military day was really good, displays from the home guard, wrvs and resistance very interesting.
Yesterday we went a long walk.
Found two possible online printers for my book, I'd really prefer a local firm where I could go in but haven't found one that does hardbacks.
My book needs more work yet and I'll have to wait till I get home to find one more photo.
The book is purely a family Heirloom and won't be published.
It's been a hard slog and I'll be glad when it's finished.
Won't write another, lol.
Pamela, sounds as if you have your work cut out with the little live wire but I'm sure your confident approach will have her sorted.
Hope the cats aren't too stressed.
Retail therapy is always good.
Dinky, how nice that Jack and Vera are back.
Sounds like Janna is doing well, no wonder you are proud of her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #3

Re: Tuesday daily.

Morning Shelley and DInky

Sounds like you are having a lovely time Shelley. The weather here is wet so at least you just have it dull. Sounds like you are doing great with your book. I can imagine how hard its been to get it to where you are now. It will be a lovely keepsake for the family to look back on.

Dinky, lovely to hear that Jack and Vera are back. Its always nice to see animals that return to the garden. How is your cousin feeling now? I hope she is feeling better. Steven has been coughing constantly just now. I think he has picked up a cold which is refusing to budge just like mine.

Robyn is settling in well. She is now just sniffing the cats and moving on. Skye has swiped her a couple of times so she has learned. I am looking into classes for her to help teach her the basics as she is a nightmare on the lead regardless of what i am trying so need to get a bit of help. Once we have the basics, the rest of the training should fall into place but as you both know as dog owners, you need to have them responding to you in close before you have a chance of them responding further out at distance. She is young though and hasnt had the basic training so its just working with her. Every day we are seeing improvements in the house which is fantastic.

Todays plan is pick up something from the post office and then contact an aquarium shop to see if they will take my cat fish as we are selling the tank so need to get him rehomed. The pet shop i am going to contact make sure the fish go to the right homes/tanks. I also have a lot i want to do upstairs today. A lot of reorganising and creating space!!

Have a lovely day ladies