Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Tsega - Bengal. Orion - Bengal
01-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #1

Introducing Me & My Two Beautiful Bengal Boys

Hi, my name's Gemma, I'm 27 from south west London. I know it's late, God knows how I'm gonna get up for work tomorrow. Case of snoring partner!

A bit about my cat history.. At the age of six my mum told me about a little runt of the litter, no one wanted. I was told, if we couldn't have him, he would be killed (I suspect unlikely, but my mum needed the crying child effect to blackmail dad)

So balling my eyes out I begged my dad who finally agreed to let the kitten come, just for one night.

Wrapped in a tea towel, the tiniest kitten arrived. Cross eyed, nervous & jumpy. We named him Cepha, as in C-For Cat (dog would be Depha, geddit?)

One night turned into 19 years. Unfortunatly a couple of months after I moved out of home Cepha's heart failed. He was dying in front of our eyes so we took him to the vet who ended his suffering.

I was heart broken.

However, at the end of last year / beginning of the year I decided as I live alone I would love the company of a cat. I did my research on breeds & chose bengals.

I've liked the breed for some time & after researching them knew they would be the cat for me.

They were so expensive I thought it would be some time before I could own one. Then God smiled down on me as I came across a breeder who had a runt that no one wanted. She said I could have him for £100, but I would also have to pay for his vacinations as he was too little at present.

I've had an awful time the past year, work, relationships etc. so I knew this was just what I needed & this little kitten was meant for me.

I researched loads of names & their meanings. One being Tsega (pro. SAY-gar, like Sega Megadrive). It meant gift from God. So along came Super Sonic Tsega (dob 23/11/0 a beautiful silver spotted bengal. I wasn't too fussed about the colour but I knew I wanted a male with spots.

He is the most loving kitten ever, wanting to be close to my face, really deep bonding look in my eyes when he's having some loving me. Totally hyper, chasing every thing that moves, and VERY attention seeking.

Hating the fact he was home alone all day kitten number two was on the list.

My cat hating, cat alergic partner had fallen in love with Tsega, and at the breeders he also loved one of the large studs with total leopard colour & markings. After a bit of research we found another boy, a georgous sandy colour with large dark brown rossets. A perfect bengal, small ears, small head all boxes ticked (unlike my big headed, big eared, tarnished Tsega).

So along came Orion Pax (11/12/0, my partner chose the name as it's Optimus Prime's alis in The Transformer Movie.. I agreed as Orion means hunter & Pax, peaceful.

So here's my story! Any questions just hit me. Pictures are in the gallery forum.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Gem & The Boys x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #2

Re: Introducing Me & My Two Beautiful Bengal Boys

Hi Jemma, Tsega & Orion and welcome to Catsey, loved the pics they are so sweet

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #3

Hi Gemma, a warm welcome to Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
01-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #4

Hiya and welcome

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #5

Cats owned: Bengal
01-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #6

Hi gem welcome they are a very friendly bunch on here! Know what you mean about bengals they sort of grow on you!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #7

Hi and welcome

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
01-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #8

wonderful sotry! welcome to Catsey
I am off to find their pics...

Jo, George and Princess Harri

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #9

Hello Gemma, Orian and Tsega; wonderful 'birth' stories and fabulous cats as seen in the pics thread. Have a great time here on Catsey, we LOve catmad people