Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #11

Re: Hestia limping

So things went pretty well at the vet. Hestia is up 0.4 lb. since last month and she said she feels like she's better hydrated and her heart arrhythmia even resolved itself (all this from switching to the transdermal gel and adding the antacids). She had no fever and found no wounds. She palpated the leg which Hestia did not like and growled alot and even snapped at her (good thing this vet is fast and moved in time). She didn't feel any thickening like arthritis would indicate and all range of motion felt normal as did muscle mass on both sides so she believes this was some soft tissue injury due to her maybe landing wrong or twisting herself in an odd way off the bed when I wasn't around to witness it (the bed and the couch are the highest places she jumps these days). She offered a few days worth of pain killer if I liked which I accepted so she can get some relief while it heals. I'm pretty happy this wasn't more serious, thanks for the help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #12

That's good news Tink. Glad your vet has quick reactions, that must have been a painful exam for Hestia. Hope she continues to improve - painkillers are great for the other painkiller, time, to work it's magic.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
29-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #13

Good news, Tink. Very pleased to hear Hestia is on the improve. Give her lots of cuddles from me.