Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #1

Positive healing vibes for Pip please

I am upset and anxious - just back from the vet and I've had to leave Pip as an in patient. He may have a urinary blockage or a spasm and has to be catheterised to find out what's going on.

I got a bit worried last night just before bed as I saw him licking and then late this morning he started slinking about and scuttling, looking for somewhere to "go". There was no evidence of his having done a wee in his litter tray, but he had left several small stools. Having had a cat before with urinary problems, I decided not to leave it any longer and phoned the vet. He is so young for this sort of problem, not yet 2 years old.

They were going to sedate and try to catheterise him more or less straight away and I am to phone the vet at 5.45 this evening to see if they've discovered what the problem is. Please send loads of your good strong positive healing vibes for my wee boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #2

Re: Positive healing vibes for Pip please

Oh Angie, so so sorry! Positive vibes coming. If it's any help, my Siamese boy had a blockage at a quite young age .. 3 or 4 as I recall; rushed him to the vet, overnight stay and HE NEVER HAD IT AGAIN!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #3

Oh No!!! *hugs tight*

So sorry to hear this Angie. What a horrible thing to happen.

Healing vibes on their way for little Pip. Hope that it is quickly and easily sorted out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #4

So very sorry to hear this Angie and am ofcourse sending many healing vibes to poor wee Pip. I know and understand just how worried you must be but you acted quickly, so that has surely got be a possitive. xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #5

So sorry to hear this Angie, poor Pip ......... positive vibes sent to him, hope he'll be back home with you soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

Update: Just phoned the vet. Pip is fine. The catheter went in easily (so no blockage there). Urine has been checked and no crystals found. They therefore think he might have had some spasm and are treating that "conservatively". He will have the catheter in place for 24 hours to continually drain his bladder and he is recovering from his anaesthetic. I will phone again tomorrow after 10.00 to find out how my little boy is doing.

The house seems very strange without him. Kizzy is wandering about, she knows something is missing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #7

so pleased to hear that he seems to be alright now, and hope that he's fine when you phone up tomorrow.

It must be strange without him being about the place.

*hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #8

Glad to read all is good. Sounds like he has had "something" does he drink enough Angie, have you or do you add water to his wet food. Therefore making him drink more?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #9

oh poor wee pip!! what a fright, i'm glad hes in good hands and he seems to be doing ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #10

Poor baby, sorry to read this Angie, healing thoughts for him, thinking of you both xx