Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
24-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #21

Re: Uncontrolled rages.

Hey farthing, poor Donald. Last year I took in a cat that seemed to have chronic cat flu and no amount of antibiotics would clear up the constant snot. He then develoved strange scar/granular tissue out of one nostril. On taking an xray and doing an exploritary exam the vet found there to be cancerous growths all through his nasal cavity. The worry was that these growths would start moving in to his skull and cause more damage.
Could Donald have a similar problem?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
24-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #22

It could very easily be the case. The vet did say his bloods didn't indicate any internal tumours but I don't know if he was thinking about the nasal scab when he mentioned this. The vet is concerned it is a tumour but he says its unusual for them to be malignant. I think that is why we are going back in 2 weeks, to see if the antibiotics work properly this time, they do usually clear them up but they come back after the course finishes. I'll mention this to him when we go back again. Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #23

Hope Donald is ok, Farthing. Can't add to what has already been said except to say that sometimes Jerry will attack his brother Tom out of the Blue. Tom will be up on the settee asleep and Jerry will walk in and attack by striking out at him. You can tell from his body posture that he's going to do it and it's usualy around tea time. I assume in his case he gets grumpy if hungry and takes it out on Tom.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies
24-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #24

I'm also glad to hear Donald's doing ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
24-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #25

Awh bless him. HBP can make patients irritable - pooor wee man

The vets never checked Katies
BP, do you think he should?