Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
31-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #1

my girl is a boy!!

ah dear!!

was playing with Slippers last night and i noticed that well...........he looked like my other cat when he is on his tummy............YEP!! my other cats aboy!

so i looked it up online and i am 99.9% sure with all the drawings i looked at and studying my kitten lol!! that he is not a girl his a boy!

going to the vets in a couple of weeks so will ask but im pretty sure she is a he!

better get him neutered ASAP do not want little kittys running round my place as the new cat is a girl!!!

could only happen to me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #2

Re: my girl is a boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss
ah dear!!

was playing with Slippers last night and i noticed that well...........he looked like my other cat when he is on his tummy............YEP!! my other cats aboy!

so i looked it up online and i am 99.9% sure with all the drawings i looked at and studying my kitten lol!! that he is not a girl his a boy!

going to the vets in a couple of weeks so will ask but im pretty sure she is a he!

better get him neutered ASAP do not want little kittys running round my place as the new cat is a girl!!!

could only happen to me!
Nope, happens more often than you'd think; boys turn out to be girls and vice versa. But you love him anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #3

Dont worry about it too much, these things happen all the time As long as you love them and are responsible enough to have them neutered, thats what really matters

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
31-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Thats a wee bit harsh Jac. I have a friend who does cat rescue and we have had several good laughs over her getting the sexes wrong, even her vet takes the mick out of her for it.
Little Emily is a gorgeous little boy isnt he Elaine

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Little Emily is a gorgeous little boy isnt he Elaine

I'd forgotten about Emily but he is a beauty

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
31-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss
ah dear!!

could only happen to me!
LOL you are not the only person I know who has had this happen to them. One of my work colleagues got a kitten (she was told and also thought herself) that it was a girl, turned out to be a boy and she has had cats before.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
31-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #7

lol Emma!! im glad i know now though can get him neutered ASAP do not want little kittens running round my place!!
oo im in essex to!

thanks everyone glad it isnt jsut me now!

does anyone know while im him how soon you ca get a kitten neutered, my other cat whose 11 was neutered as a kitten but i cant remember that far back!

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #8

Your vet will let you know what the proper age is for neutering. He'll be a happier, healthier cat, and as you say, no danger of little kitties!

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #9

Give your vet a call in the morning and be guided by them, some vets neuter earlier than 6 months and other on the 6 month mark.

This is Emily, he is black one on Erins lap, the other is Becky, a snotty bengal.

Some of you may remember the sad tale of all those little blind kittens that Dawn had in last year, Emily was the only survivor. DD got the sex wrong but had got so used to calling him Emily that the name has stuck. It caused much hilarity at her vets when she took Emily in for the nut chop

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #10

I think I'd have changed it to Emil or Emilio.........