Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #1

Weather

Is this hot weather affecting any one elses cats with regards to eating less?
Just thought I'd ask before i begin to get alarmed again.
Since Eva's constipation, still giving her laxative as she has only gone the once and since she eat mainly dry anyway .
I have been adding more water to both their wet and dry foods. a) to make sure they are getting enough water and b) because i thought it would help Eva further with another poop.
But they are both eating a little less and are both a little less excited about feed time.
I am wondering if its the weather and if any one elses cats are feeling the same way?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
31-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #2

Re: Weather

Mine are eating less than they normally do with this warm weather,Jerry isnt even waiting to finish what the other 2 have left like he normally does

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #3

Cassie hardly ate anything yesterday and she didn't touch her breakfast today. She is fine in herself, no other signs of anything wrong.....I put it down to the weather also, and maybe she is 'dining' out somewhere during the humid spell..

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #4

Thats a releif to hear as i was begining to worry about them again. Have never really experienced this kind of lack of appetite, although have heard of it in hot weather. Mind you we dont normally get such long spells of warm weather here.

Global Moderator

31-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #5

Yes, it is unusual for you up there Elaine!

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Yes, it is unusual for you up there Elaine!
No need to rub it in Mags We are enjoying it but it has caused me to worry a little more
You know us Scots, we dont like to complain much

Global Moderator

31-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
No need to rub it in Mags We are enjoying it but it has caused me to worry a little more
You know us Scots, we dont like to complain much
I think you've got it all wrong Elaine.......... Eva and Bernie are fine and you need the de-stress pills!

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I think you've got it all wrong Elaine.......... Eva and Bernie are fine and you need the de-stress pills!
I'll start taking them imediately and Eva can forget the Reiki too, I'll have her session

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
31-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #9

I've heard that Aberdeen is wonderful at the moment; I'm on the west coast - Glasgow to be precise - and as many know, it is one of the wettest places in Scotland, and that's saying something! So most of this heat is coming through overcast skies and is just muggy!

My two aren't eating much either although they're still looking for food even after I've fed them. Fussy

But I know that I personally am less hungry when it's hot, so I'm guessing animals are the same?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #10

Leia's picky at the best of times, and yes, she's eating less during the hot spell; always does, as did most of my previous cats, except Sultan and Misty! If Eva seems otherwise fine I wouldn't worry....