Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
30-07-2008, 02:55 AM   #11

Re: When did you get your first cat??

i was 14, parents just spilt up and i went to live with my dad, and i really wanted a kitten! the house needed one!

my dad said 'read up on them' thinking i wouldnt bother, but i put my shoes on then & there and run to the libarary for 5 books!!

he was impressed!

my friends mum see a advert for free kittens, my dad said 'were going to look not get one!'.........

i left with one & my friend left with one!!!

his the most expensive cat ever and has cost Well over 15k so far in vets bills alone..........and that was the last time we counted! but his so worth it....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #12

When I was born We had two cats then, and whilst one was a grumpy old tortie, the other had just been a kitten himself so we grew up together.

But as an adult...about 4 weeks ago! When I got my first flat that allowed pets!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
30-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #13

Had cats since I was small, my first cat was Tom and we got him when I was a toddler. My next cat was Tabs and I got her when I was 8 and I bought her with my pocket money which I saved for weeks, I wanted a Siamese but my parents didn't believe on paying that much money for an animal, so when I grew up and moved out I took Tabs and bought Kiara, my Siamese.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
30-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #14

Our first family cat was Scruffy - She was a dilute calico. My parents found her in the woods while we were camping. We took her home, then to the vets, and they told us she was blind & deaf. We took her everywhere we went. She was such a good girl

Sliver was the first cat my husband & I adopted together. He just adopted her for me at first because he only had dogs in his life. By adopting Sliver, he was able to understand cats & got to see just how wonderful they really are

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #15

Same - two days after I got my first flat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
04-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #16

My first(s) came as a pair when I was 12. Dumped on the doorstep in a carrier bag wrapped in a cardigan with their eyes closed. Don't know who dumped them there as we weren't known for rescuing animals and we had a long(ish) driveway too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
05-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #17

First family cat (that was really mine) was Suki, a beautiful Tabby DSH. I think I was about 6 and we lived in army married quarters in London and some neighbours were being posted abroad and needed to rehome their two cats. The big bitey one got offered several homes but no one wanted little Suki. I think she was about 3 when we got her and she lived to a grand old age.

My first 'I'm a grown-up' cats were Ollie and Harley, 2 ginger and white brothers who came from the RSPCA in Brighton.