Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
24-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #31

Re: Trouble coming to terms with my loss

im so sorry for your loss. i know how it feels to lose a much loved baby. and they are your babys i dont care what anyone says.
i cried for weeks after my monty cat died., he also went to a RTA
ive got a lovely picture of him in a silver frame.
your will eventully remember him with a smile and not a tear.
cathy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #32

He was a stunning cat, Chris. I love the idea of refurbishing the bench with a plaque in his honor; what a good thought. Please do come on the Forum when you feel like talking and sharing some stories of Ollie; it does help.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
24-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #33

Lovely pics-I am soft for Black and whites. They reminded me of
Parsley and Cleo together.

The pain slowly diminishes-their place in our hearts never does

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short haired
chriswt is Male
24-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #34

Thank you again for your continued support. I had a tiny cry a minute ago and Elena (my partner) was crying today after I showed her this thread.

I'm not too sure about the rules of these forums (I'm only used to my Mercedes forum ((boring car talk)) but I'd like to keep posting my process of grief because oneday someone else might stumble across this post and it may help them.

We're both trying to give as much love as possible to our other two boys but I'm worried about the time they start to miss Ollie.

Elena and I told one of our neighbours that Ollie had been killed and she was sad for us because apparently all three of our cats would go around to neighbours house. Ollie was a particular favourite as he was so bold and friendly.

Thankfully my Dad painted some pictures of Ollie and his bothers so they are something to treasure so a long time. I'll post a picture of the soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #35

Gorgeous cats Chris, Ollie was a beauty.
You may well be surprised at how the other two will simply move on, not convinced that animals greive as such, think they may well just feed off our emotions more than anything.
I know I found this forum to be of great support when I lost my old fella but he will be with me, in my heart and mind, for the rest of my days.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #36

We would love both you and Elena to continue to post here on Catsey as long as you wish, Chris. It will help to ease you through the grieving process to share your pain with others. If you have any questions you need to ask about any subject, there is usually someone here who will be able to give you an answer.

We would love to see the pics that your Dad painted too, when you are ready why not post them in out Pictures section where they will be easier to find...

http://www.catsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
24-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #37

So sorry to hear of your loss! If you need comforting shoulders to cry on we are all here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
24-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #38

Ive just seen your thread. I have tears welling up in my eyes as well. We lost our beautiful darling Kay only a week after her second birthday to a RTA as well. It was only in may but i still cry about her all the time. Remember all the good times he gave you as well. We are all here for you like everybody was here for me when we lost Kay.

jane X

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
24-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #39

I'm so sorry for your loss Chris. I wish there was something more comforting I could say, really I do. But I just want you to know you're in my thoughts xxx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short haired
chriswt is Male
25-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Ive just seen your thread. I have tears welling up in my eyes as well. We lost our beautiful darling Kay only a week after her second birthday to a RTA as well. It was only in may but i still cry about her all the time. Remember all the good times he gave you as well. We are all here for you like everybody was here for me when we lost Kay.

jane X
Thank you Jane, I've just been reading your old post about your Kay and it made me well up too. Her facial markings are almost identical to Ollie's borhter Stan (he's sitting on Elena's lap in the first picture). Sorry for your loss.

I'm conintually gratful for everyones messages. And thanks to Mags for sending me the link to the Photo section. It was very therapeutic to see other peoples cats and to know that lots of people cosnider them a real and vital part of the family rather than just a pet.