Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
23-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #21

Re: Trouble coming to terms with my loss

Grief is a very personal thing and different for everyone and every time is different. Go with how you feel and allow yourself those feelings. X Big hugs to you at this time and RIP OllieX

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short haired
chriswt is Male
24-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
The suddeness also brings joy with time, he never knew any unhappiness with you and never understood why all cats do not have slaves in their homes.........and he was doing what he wanted to do off on a stoll in the summer evening......totaly happy....what more can you offer your cats than complete love and freedom.

The shock will wear off and you will then remember the good times for he was never ill/old....or unwell.
Thanks Kass, it was well put.

I keep telling myself and my partner that Ollie was killed instantly and knew no fear or pain. Also I'm so lucky that I got to be with him shortly after he died, he wasn't alone on the road for long and I was the last person to hold him and the last person to say goodbye. I don't know how people cope when they don't get to say good bye.

He are some pictures:

Every time we got back off a short break or holiday he'd come running up the garden to greet me

Morning playtime:

Getting attention every evening:

The love he had for this little step brother:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
24-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #23

He was gorgeous - really handsome and his little face splodges so cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures *hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #24

Oh Chris. Ollie was adorable! I can see why your heart is so broken.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #25

Hi Chris,
I'm so sorry for your loss and echo what everyone else on here has already said to you. The emotion in your posts has brought tears to my eyes too and I understand how you feel.

Ollie was very handsome - I love the splodge on his face.

Take comfort in the fact that he will be playing hard at The Bridge now..........probably with my Midas

((((hugs))))

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short haired
chriswt is Male
24-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs

Take comfort in the fact that he will be playing hard at The Bridge now..........probably with my Midas

((((hugs))))
Thank you. Thats a comforting thought. In fact everyone has been super and I feel bad that I'm not thanking everyone individually but I think you'd get sick of my posts

My going to be fixing up, sanding down and varnishing Ollies bench (the one in the background of the first picture) this weekend and then have a little brass plaque made up for it.

Its only a 30 quid bench from B&Q and so I'm going to have to work extra hard on it to make sure it stands the test of time. 100's of metal fixings and 10 layers of varnish should do it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #27

Hi Chris
I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was a very handsome boy!
I too have tears in my eyes . Your love for him is so obvious. Sudden loss is very hard to cope with.
Just come on here and pour your heart out. We all understand

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #28

Thanks for posting pictures of Ollie, Chris. I'm sure that "doing up" his bench and having a plaque will be a tribute that he would appreciate. Every time you sit there he will be with you.

(((HUGS)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #29

I've just caught up with your post Chris and I send you my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of Ollie. He looks a sweet cat and a loving one too. You will miss him so much I'm sure, but he will have left pawprints on your heart that will never fade and in time you'll cherish your memories of him. Give his lovely brothers a special hug today

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #30

Hi Chris, I'm so, so very sorry for your loss of Ollie, he sounds a very special cat who was really fortunate to have two loving owners like you and your fiancee in his life.

We all know here what it feels like to lose a pet we loved so much. so we know what you are both going through ............ and what better place to grieve than with fellow cal lovers who understand you completely.

As time goes by it will get easier, you will recall the happy, funny times you had with Ollie ....and it sounds like there were quite a few..

As Yola mentioned, we have a Gone but not Forgotten section where you cat post a special tribute to Ollie and it will be a permanant tribute............

http://www.catsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Your photos are lovely, Ollie was a very handsome boy............maybe as time goes by you would like to share some of the stories you have of your very special cat.....
(((hugs)))