Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #1

Mouthwatering

Just had the most gorgeous dinner, sweet chilli chicken,
noodles...with yellow,orange, sweet red and orange peppers...red & white onion. Superb along with a side dish of spicy potato wedges and sour cream.

Scrummy and cooked from fresh from start to dishing up 25 minutes. Gorgeous.

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #2

Re: Mouthwatering

Sounds lovely Kazz....... can you share your recipe with us?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #3

think I'll move in with you Kazz

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
03-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Sounds lovely Kazz....... can you share your recipe with us?
seconded - that sounds srummmmmmmie !!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #5

Here you are; The sauce and noodles I buy from Asda the noodles are fresh ones, the sauce is the Asda own sweet chillli sauce. Can get it from Tesco or Sainsbury's...I am sure.

I put the pan on and heat a tablespoon of oil add chicken breast (cubed) fry until sealed then add chopped white and red onion, fry for about 8-10 minutes then add chopped or sliced (whichever you prefer) red, yellow, orange, green peppers (omit any you do not fancy) carry on frying for another 5 minutes.Never burning or browning the chicken.

Then add the noodles and the sauce. Keep turning/moving never letting the noodles stick or anything burn ready about 6 minutes after the noodles go in.
The wedges take a little longer
Just wash the potatoes - and (if you are leaving the skin on) then simply cut them up into wedges. For medium sized potatoes I cut them in half along their longest length - and then cut them into long strips about 3 cm thick - and then cut these again in half along their width.
Put all the potatoes into a mixing bowl. Pour on some vegetable oil - over the potatoes - doesn't matter if not all the potatoes get coated - you will be mixing them all up in the next step. Pour on about 2 tablespoons worth of oil. Then add the spices - and simply stir it all up until all the wedges are coated in the oily spice mixture.
Then lay out the uncooked wedges onto a hot baking tray preheated oven nd stick the tray in the oven to let them roast for about 25 mins - then take them out - turn all the wedges over (which should be browned on the underside by then) and roast for a further 20 mins or so. When the wedges look done - tase one - and if it's soft inside then it's done. Just serve up and eat!
I usually start cooking the stir fry when I turn the wedges.

Forgot to say the spices are Garam Masala, Ground Coriander, Salt and Chilli Powder.
And a tub of sour cream.

Eat and edited to say no idea how I got two types of print.....
nd

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #6

Sounds lovely Kazz.

I do the home made potato wedges too. A cheats way though is to buy a packet of the spices specifically for making potato wedges, they are yummy too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #7

Yum!! I always maintain that cooking from scratch never takes as long as you think it does; and much better for you (in more ways that one) that a microwave meal.

Nice one Karen I shall borrow that recipe if I may

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Yum!! I always maintain that cooking from scratch never takes as long as you think it does; and much better for you (in more ways that one) that a microwave meal.

Nice one Karen I shall borrow that recipe if I may
I second that, Yola! Much healthier and you can adjust the spicing, etc. to your own taste!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #9

I find cooking food from scratch therapeutic . . . am I mad??? Please reassure me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #10

I agree! It's creative, and sort of gets down to basic instincts. What's more basic than providing food? I greatly enjoy it; a lot of my friends say I'm mad to cook for myself instead of buying those frozen dinner things...no way!! I eat much better and healthier and enjoy doing it.......