Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #1

Christmas day

Okay people so what are do you all do on Christmas day, including a menu for dinner or lunch?

Lets keep the Christmas spirit going now we have it....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #2

Re: Christmas day

Woo hoo!! I'm having a Christmas Day off for a change .... we have been invited to our daughter's for the day That's not to say that I won't be working over there though, I'll just give her a helping hand!

As for the menu, all I know is we are having turkey and roast potatoes done in goose fat, I expect she will do the usual trimmings with it..

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #3

That sounds lovely Mags...I am sure you will enjoy it with the children and all. Have a smashing day,

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #4

Thank you Kazz, I'm sure I will.. I just love playing games with the children too ....... it takes years off me!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #5

We were going out for lunch but the place we had in mind was fully booked .
Now were going to be at home. T bone steaks and all the trimmings. It will be the first Christmas I haven't had a turkey.
Afterwards were gong to the local hotel for a couple of wee drinky poo's
What about you Kazz?

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #6

Ahhh the story starts here.....

Get up about 8am as long as I do not get a phone call from Taylor,Lewis or Molly at 4 - 5am..... they do sneaky phone calls so their parents do not know.... its the release of excitment.

Put the turkey in.

Take the girls for a lovely walk.

Have breakfast, normaly boiled egg and marmite toast.

Mom and Dad come round.

Open presents......

Pop round to see Taylor, Lewis and Molly and take their presents. And return with presents.

Drop Mom and Dad go home. Mom gets dressed ready for dinner and puts her feet up, phones her sisters and brother. I take the girls out again.
Then pick Dad up and drop him at the pub a ritual he has now, he only goes out for a drink once a year and Christmas is the day. Dave used to take his Dad but since his Mom died not sure what his Dad is doing and he will not broach the subject with his Dad much to my annoyance the chap must think we don't care. But both of them get so upset I try to not push.
Anyhow. Dad has a drink with Mick (my brother, on his once yearly drink too) Stu (brother - in law on his once yearly drink) as you see we are not a family of drinkers at all honestly. Stu's brothers, maybe Dave. And someimes my cousins too - Dad's nephews and great nephews and one great great nephew if he is back - he's off travelling.
I come back home get dinner sorted. Depending on what the weather is like I will either go pick Mom then Dad up or they will stroll round.
Dinner. Yummy.
Off up to see Katie Jack and Sophie with more presents and return with more presents.
Drop Mom and Dad home for a rest.
Back home and then surprise surprise another dog walk.
By now it is about 7-8pm and the evening sort of sorts itself out....

So thats my day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #7

Sounds great Kazz. How I wish my Dad was still alive!
My Mum is going away with the grinch . It will just be Ceilidh, Darryle, Derek and me. How times have changed! At one time there used to be about 18 for Christmas lunch.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #8

Our Christmas day will be as follows.

Get up at the crack of dawn with two very excite young ladies lol. Open all the pressies, dont usually have much of a breakfast, the girls are too excited and end up being sick!!!

Make all the Merry Christmas calls to family etc.

Off to Christmas morning services at church at 10 am. Bung in the turkey (already prepared the potatoes etc night before) before I go. Haven't decided on carrot or vegetable soup for starters yet lol. Sit down around 2 pm for lunch, take a break at 3pm for the Queens speech then have the pudding, usually a trifle.

Then sit back and watch one of the girls new dvd's (Tv is garbage) and let them play with their new stuff. Pick at left over turkey and sweets for the rest of the day before collapsing into bed around 9pm lol. And that's Christmas in my house!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #9

We'll be up at silly-oclock First job will be to sort out all the cats. Then have breakfast. Get the lunch sorted & open pressies. Love it! We try & make it last as long as possible. I don't let the kids just rip away at the paper, we take turns to open pressies & everyone enjoys watching each other doing so.

My mom & dad will pop round.

We will pop to Johns mom & dads.

Then back home for lunch - just the 4 of us. Turkey & all the trimmings.

Afternoon we'll sit & play games & take the dog for a walk. Maybe watch a film.

Evening we'll probably pop to my mom & dads for some tea.

UNLESS....................we don't get the boiler sorted by then, I hate being cold & our house is bloody freezing, if the new boiler aint here by then, forget all the above & it's christmas day at my mothers.

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #10

Everyone's Christmas day is special....enjoy.