Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #21

Re: Christmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I hate artificial trees..... (no offense meant to those who like them), And if it's not big, it isn't worth bothering with...

My sentiments exactly Eileen!! and I think it's ridiculous to put trees up so early, Christmas gets longer and longer each year and I think it takes the excitement out of it. It's so much more exciting putting the tree up nearer Christmas than weeks in advance I've not made my mind up whether we will have a tree or not this year. The prospect of 11 kittens running up and down it fills me with dread I just feel a little bah humbug if I don't put one up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #22

We have a small fibre optic one that glows and changes colours. I love it because there is no need for extra lights and the ornaments I hang are miniatures. Bubbles likes to pluck the tiny boxes off the tree and play with them Will be interesting to see how Fizz reacts with it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #23

I must confess I love a real tree too. I do have a fibre optic one but I hate it.
Not sure what I'm going to do this year. If it's an artificial one then I'm going to buy a new one. I really want a real one but the cats are kind of putting me off.

Derek had never had a real tree until he met me. I bought a 6ft tree. Put it in the window, dressed it really nice and guess what? He didn't notice it . Talk about walking about with blinkers on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #24

Not yet - probably 15/16 weekend. As we threw out our old artificial tree after Christmas last year, I am going to have a REAL TREE this year. In a pot - I SO MISSED that lovely piney smell! As it's going to be in a pot, might actually buy it soon (in case they sell out) and leave it out in the garden to get all nice and wet. Will take a pic of it when it's all beautiful. Best part of Christmas as far as I'm concerned (generally hate it) but like the pagan roots of bringing greenery into the house.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
06-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #25

My tree has been up a week, the Cats havent bothered with it at all. We did find a choccy on the floor, but that may of just fell off as it wasnt damaged or opened.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #26

My daughter and SIL put their tree up on 1st December but it's only that early because they have 2 young children who are now old enough to enjoy the wonders of Christmas. They were really excited last Saturday especially as Mummy & Daddy allowed them to help with the decorations. They are doing Christmas things at school now, it's Jamie's Reception year Advent play today, so I think it's nice they can have their tree up at home too ..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #27

It's a famliy tradition of ours to put our tree up on the 1st (well I actually put it up the night before when the girls are in their bed lol) and my girls love the festive season!! I choose not to buy a real tree for different reasons. But mainly I just dont like the idea of cutting down a living thing for a couple of weeks pleasure. But each to their own as I say, and I know to some Christmas just isn't 'proper' unless its a real one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #28

I am going to buy a 3ft optical tree tomorrow, my original tree is 6ft amd since buying new furniture, we have not got a spare corner for ity now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
My tree has been up a week, the Cats havent bothered with it at all. We did find a choccy on the floor, but that may of just fell off as it wasnt damaged or opened.
Forget what I said, the choccy was nicked by Moosey, just caught him stealing another!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Forget what I said, the choccy was nicked by Moosey, just caught him stealing another!
He must have a sweet tooth!