Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #1

cat rules

Steven (my OH) came across this the other day. I thought it was great. You migt have already seen it but thought i would share anyway

Cat rules.

1. All beds, chairs etc are cat property. Humans may be allowed on them, but must expect to be sat or laid on if the cat wishes to use the facility.

2. Where beds are not big enough for humans and cats, cats shall have priority.

3. All cat food in bowls for more than 5 minutes is stale and inedible - unless it is in some other cat's house which is being raided.

4. Food in a dog's bowl may be eaten, especially if it will annoy the dog.

5. Human food may be eaten: cold meats are a cat's right, especially chicken, lamb, beef, pork, etc. Cats have priority for these over humans.

6. Presents to humans of mice, voles, rats etc (especially when alive) are for the purposes of teaching humans how to catch them with a view to improving the usefulness of humans to the feline community.

7. When something stupid in feline terms is done e.g. falling off a chair, stopping to wash is the preferred method of restoring dignity, even if it does mean displaying the anus to the most influential and dignified human visitors at the time who will be annoyed by it, and by analogy, with the cat's humans..

8. Any visitor who is allergic to, or hates, cats is to be fussed over to the maximum extent possible.

9. Where a cat flap is provided, it is for the purpose of bringing in presents as in 6 above. Where there is no catflap, human door people will open doors or windows for entrance or exit on demand, and at any time of the day or night.

10. The weather is always the responsibility of the human, who shall be moaned at about it: additionally, if there is rain outside one door, a demand shall be made for another door to be opened to see if it is raining out of that door too.

11. Humans are the property and servants of the cat(s)

12. Litter trays are to be used with disdain, and should be changed by the servant after every use: if not, loud complaints are to be made, especially when humans are asleep.

[link removed]

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #2

Re: cat rules

How true

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #3

I am particularly fond of No.10 - that is just so true! Oh, and No.6 - except my success at catching said mice, voles and rats is not that good. That's probably why Kizzy and Pip keep bringing me fresh opportunities for training purposes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #4

its a bit too familiar sounding...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #5

i thought it was so true when i read it, thats why i couldnt resist posting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #6

That was similar to others I've seen but different enough to be really funny! Thanks for sharing!

And I too love # 10!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #7

These are great- we came up with a list of cat wisdom a couple of years ago but I can't work out how to link to the thread?

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #8

CS, have you found the thread? Just copy and paste the link at the top of the screen..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
CS, have you found the thread? Just copy and paste the link at the top of the screen..
ooh, like this?

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=32404

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #10

You did it! Yep, that's how.