Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-04-2024, 11:08 AM   #1

Thursday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Thursday evening 9:15pm here and it's absolutely pouring with rain outside. I'm sitting here listening to it and hoping that the front conservatory isn't going to flood. Don't think I could cope with that right now. I'm not sure if Sophie will be able to come tomorrow or not as she lives in North Canterbury on a farm and there's awful flooding there. I'm not sure if the roads are safe. She'll let me know anyway. It doesn't really matter if she can't make it as Janna has been called in to work tomorrow during the day - just when I needed here at home to hold Snoddy while he was being groomed. Janna tried to get out of it, but the big Armageddon festival is on on Saturday night which Janna is covering anyway and they really need her tomorrow to help set up the venue. A lot of their staff are away with covid as well. If Sophie does come, I'll make sure I'm wearing thick gloves.

I saw my physio today and walked in with only one crutch. He actually SMILED, but then took away that crutch altogether and made me come in to his room without it. He put me through my exercises and then I made a BIG MISTAKE - I told him that I could only walk outside when I had one crutch. I knew as soon as I'd said it, that I'd made a mistake in telling him that ,because he immediately made me walk outside with him.with no crutch. We left the physio building and walked through the carpark onto the footpath and went right round to the main hospital. and he took me to the cafe and got us both a latte. Honestly I was terrified the whole time. We walked back to the physio building and he was thrilled with my progress . Next time I've got to leave both crutches at home !!! Oh hell !!! Tonight my leg is really swollen and stiff, so I'm not doing my final exercises. I think I've done more than enough today.

Tonight Janna and I had one of our frozen meals each. Gosh they are nice. We both had vegetarian meat loaf, with mashed potato, broccoli carrots and pumpkin and lots of gravy. It was so yummy, and best of all, no plates to wash up. Brenna rang me to see if I liked it. She's off to Fiji on Tuesday evening, all going well, but she's going to see the surgeon with me on Tuesday to make sure I'm OK. I've told her I'm fine, but nobody seems to listen to me.

PAMELA,, sorry your weather is still nasty. I think you must have sent some of it over here. Stay nice and warm if you think you might be coming down with a cold. You don't want to get sick with the weather you're having at the moment. Sounds like you could do with a break away from work, my friend. Your work is pretty hectic. Try and have a relaxing weekend, Pamela. Are you pleased with the new dog walker? I hope she is good with the girls. I also hope Robyn's tummy has now settled down and the girls are enjoying their new food. Enjoy your Homeland episode - I havent heard of that series.

SHELLEY, it's good that your weather has cleared a bit and you were able to enjoy a good walk. The pups would have been happy. How is Chris feeling now ? I hope he's over his coughing and feeling much better. Thanks for letting me know about jerry. You did mention a potassium deficiency earlier and when Snoddy had his bloods taken ,I made sure that the lab checked his potassium levels, which were fine. I'll definitely mention it to Michele again, though, when I take him back. I'm pleased that Jerry was OK with the potassium supplement and regained the strength in his back legs Thanks ,too, for being willing to look at the Exodus question for me, although please don't do so until you are settled back at home again. it's a ridiculous question anyway.

Well ladies, I'm off to check the conservatory roof. It's really pelting down now. I might then take my aching leg to bed with a nice hot water bottle.

Have a lovely Thursday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-04-2024, 07:34 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily.

Hi dinky I have no idea how I missed this!!

Sounds like physio went well! Must have done or he wouldn’t have treated you to a latte! I’m actually heading home in the train with one just now and almost missed my train lol u went to a leaving night in town for an old colleague but I am soo awkward in social settings so only stayed an hour.

That’s good that Brenna is going to see the surgeon with you and extra pair of ears and asking maybe some questions you may not think of.

Go lad you enjoyed your frozen meal and that Janna got to join you for it before work!

Shelley how has the weather been? Ours hasn’t been great tbh but still managed to walk the girls without getting wet at lunchtime!!

Steven B and I had our first date 14yr ago today!! We are having a date night tomorrow and going to listen to a book review from Kerry Irvine who wrote the book about max the springer as he has released a new book so we are going for dinner then got tickets for that which I am looking forward to and will get the new book too! Once I read it I will send you it ��

Just a quick reply from me will catch you later.

Have a great weekend ��