Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #1

more problems for Mustard.

We had to take Mustard, our blind, toxo cat to the vets at 11.30pm last night. Mike fed them at about 10 and all seemed fine, when he went through an hour later, Mustard's whole face was twitching and he was drooling. The vet gave him a sedative, and steriod injection and an antibiotic as a cover. The vet thinks the fireworks, we live 2 fields away from the big local display which we last night at 7, may have overstimulated his system. We got him home and Mike had to sleep on the living room sofa as his snoring was disturbing Mustard, and the dogs disturbed Mike instead. I slep in the bed with Mustard, but he was very restless, even with the diazapam, and I was scared he would fall off the bed, so I didn't sleep much last night either. He seems a bit better today, but is very wobbly, like when he first developed toxo, so I hope that he improves and returns to how he was before, but it is not certain and he may continue to deteriorate.
We started and finished our day at the vet yesterday, we lost a rabbit in the morning, we found him very distressed when we went to give them breakfast, but he was dead by the time we got to the vet, and we lost a quail in the afternoon, so it is safe to say I was glad to see the end of yesterday, and hope today gives us a bit of a break.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #2

Re: more problems for Mustard.

Oh dear that was a very sad and distressing day, sorry for your losses and fingers crossed for Musrard xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
08-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #3

I read this earlier and didnt know what too say. Hope mustard is going to be ok and i am realy sorry about your losses. Please let us know how mustard is please x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #4

So sorry you're going through such an awful time at the moment, hope Mustard is going to be ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #5

Oh what a sad time for you. Prayers coming for Mustard......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #6

Thanks everybody, still feeling a bit numb to be honest and still very worried about Mustard. He has improved, but is not at the level he was before this turn. He seems a bit 'out of it' and is very unsteady on his feet. Pumpkin, his brother, has hardly left his side since Sunday, it is very sweet and sad. I will keep you updated on his progress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #7

Sorry to read Mustard is not too good......x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #8

Very sad to read that Mustard's so unwell. I hope the medication is starting to stabilise him now and he's showing signs of feeling better.