Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: kittens, breed unknown
03-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #1

Neutering kittens

I have got two kittens very recently, I think they are 6-8 weeks old.
We were told we were getting two boys, but obviously one has turned out to be a girl.
I really don't want her to get pregnant, I know about all the risks for young cats, so what is the youngest age I can get them neutered?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #2

Re: Neutering kittens

Usually around the 6 month mark. Can i suggest that it might be a good idea for you to contact some vets in your area and have a chat, if that's possible, in order to get an impression of how good, dont know if that's the right word or not, they may be.
Just a thought for your other thread about the kittens not eating, do you know if they have been wormed?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #3

Re: Neutering kittens

I have fairly recently taken a little boy kitten and my vet has said 6 months for neutering, mainly because he said they hand tie and the "bits" that have to be tied have to be large enough to handle! It can be done earlier IF the cat is well developed!