Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: rescue
08-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #21

Re: Wormed kittens advice

A word, sitting on the fence replies does not help this poor cat or the OP....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
08-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #22

I have taken her to 2 vets and they both have said its ok for given it too her. I trust both vets 100% and have used one for over 4 years and the other longer than i can remember. The first one is highly recommended and is used by most of the villiage where i live Its the only wormer i have at the moment as well. This isnt a poor cat but an extremely loved cat like all my others are. I didnt worm her before she had the babies as proper vets advice

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #23

Panacur is a broad spectrum anthelmintic which will cover the round and tapeworm species most commonly infecting domestic cats and dogs. Preparations in tablet form are more widely used as they can be easier to give but I would have no hesitation in advising it's use in an adult cat. Jane already has some panacur which she has used to worm her kittens and this is the most cost effective way.
Without wishing to be rude, I feel some of your posts have come across as accusatory towards the OP who we are all aware would do anythng for her cats. She took Maisey on after she was dumped and has provided loving homes for her and her babies.

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #24

It wasnt realy the cost that doesnt bother me it was the only wormer that could be used at my vets for kittens. The next visit they all will get milbemax or a spot on. The vet spent ages with me disgussing all my options as well. Your so right pinklizy i will do anything for any animal wether its mine or anybody elses. If that ment defleaing, worming or taking to the vets. I also if i have spare food give it to a friend who is feeding a family of semi feral cats. Alll animals desevere a chance

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #25

I would have done the same to be honest, panacur comes in such big bottles-might as well use it up and it's as good as any other wormer. I know full well you would, and do do anything for animals.

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #26

Thanks pinklizzy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #27

I dont wish to cause any upset here but I was always told that panacur didnt cover tapeworm.
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_panacur.html

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #28

No you wont elaine. When i go for there injections i will get something that will. Hopefully i will be able to use frontline combo as well for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Panacur is a broad spectrum anthelmintic which will cover the round and tapeworm species most commonly infecting domestic cats and dogs. Preparations in tablet form are more widely used as they can be easier to give but I would have no hesitation in advising it's use in an adult cat. Jane already has some panacur which she has used to worm her kittens and this is the most cost effective way. Without wishing to be rude, I feel some of your post come across ass have accusatory towards the OP who we are all aware would do anythng for her cats. She took Maisey on after she was dumped and has provided loving homes for her and her babies.
I concur with that PL!

Banned

Cats owned: rescue
09-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Panacur is a broad spectrum anthelmintic which will cover the round and tapeworm species most commonly infecting domestic cats and dogs. Preparations in tablet form are more widely used as they can be easier to give but I would have no hesitation in advising it's use in an adult cat. Jane already has some panacur which she has used to worm her kittens and this is the most cost effective way.
Without wishing to be rude, I feel some of your posts have come across as accusatory towards the OP who we are all aware would do anythng for her cats. She took Maisey on after she was dumped and has provided loving homes for her and her babies.
Yes, my manner was straight to the point! But this OP asks for advice then doesn't take it. Some people in MY experience need to be told straight and Kado falls into that catagory...

You are a VN? You need to correct your post because this wormer does not deal with TAPEWORMS.... fact...

Wouldn't want members or guests seeing your misinformation and taking as fact. Especially from a VN.....