Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #11

Re: Wormed kittens advice

i'll just put my two-penneth in. You can worm every 2 weeks as advised, personally I wouldn't but that's just me. Depending on their age now, I would do them in 3-4 weeks with milbemax. Make sure you worm their mother too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #12

I wanted to use that with them but of course there was too young for it i do preffer it as well. I am hesitance too give maisey worming tablet yet. She has diet related colitas at the moment and had a injection on tuesday. Its working through her now and she has the runs again. I am putting it down too the injection. Could Maisey be givening to runs too the little one's through her milk.

Banned

Cats owned: rescue
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
I wanted to use that with them but of course there was too young for it i do preffer it as well. I am hesitance too give maisey worming tablet yet. She has diet related colitas at the moment and had a injection on tuesday. Its working through her now and she has the runs again. I am putting it down too the injection. Could Maisey be givening to runs too the little one's through her milk.
Please, plesase. please worm mother cat!!! She clearly has worms herself, thats where the kittens have caught theirs through suckling mothers milk.

The fact Maisey has very bad runs is probably due to her having worms. Please follow Smudgleys good advise. A good wormer from the vet will solve her problems.

A wormer will do her NO harm, if anything it will help her and her kittens health. The mother and kittens should have been wormed WEEKS ago. Added some info for you below (please read)...

What causes colitis in cats?There are several causes of colitis including;

Certain bacteria (Salmonella and Campylobacter), viruses, fungi.
Dietary allergy or intolerance
Parasites (intestinal worms, protozoal)
Pancreatitis
Cancer
Dietary indiscretion (eating garbage, spoiled food, human foods, foreign object)
Stress

What are the symptoms of colitis in cats?
The most obvious sign of colitis is diarrhea, possibly outside the litter tray because of the 'urgency' to go. The stool is often soft or watery & may contain blood or mucus. Other symptoms may include;

Straining (tenesmus) in the litter tray causing discomfort
Frequent defecation
Diarrhea (the stool may start out normal but finish off loose or watery)
There may be blood or mucus in the stool
Reduced appetite
Constipation
Vomiting
Dehydration
Abdominal pain
Chronic colitis can lead to weight loss

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #14

Thanks for that. I just phoned her vets up and i can worm her. The only problem being it might not be as effective because of her colitas. She wasa dumped cat and in my heart of hearts i think this is why she was dumped in the first place. She is such a little poppet as well

Banned

08-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Thanks for that. I just phoned her vets up and i can worm her. The only problem being it might not be as effective because of her colitas. She wasa dumped cat and in my heart of hearts i think this is why she was dumped in the first place. She is such a little poppet as well
If the previous owner had never wormed her either, she probably has had this worm burden problem a long time. THATS why she would have been dumped, poor soul.

All she needs is for SOMEBODY to worm her (please listen, did you read the info highlighted in red?). Have YOU ever wormed Maisey? Maisey clearly has worms, thats where her kittens have got it from.

Did you really take Maisey to the vets? Cos a vet wouldn't have diagnosed 'Colitis' in your first visit without worming her first!!!!! A vet would not just give a diagnosis of Colitis without taking a stool sample and blood tests.

Mmmmmm, scratching my chin here.....

All this cat needs imo is a good cat wormer!

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #16

Yes i did. Have you been on this site before. If you looked into my previous posts you see that she found me on june the 2nd i took her too the vets within a wk and paid for ab and a painkiller. I cant speak for the previous owner at all as she was dumped. I did wormer her within 2 days of her coming into my house for my other cats sake. I took her too the vets last tuesday and took her back this tuesday the vet said she had colitas due too her eating kitten food she has kittens. The first time she was given some tablets which she didnt tolarate so the second time she was given an injection and thats whats made her looser. She is going back in 2 wks for a check up and too see when she can get speyed

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #17

Just wormed her and she took the hole dose with no problem

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #18

Awww, bless her for being a good girl! I cannot imagine an easy-to-pill cat! Although I do believe they exist ...

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #19

It was liquid (panacure) The vets said it would be ok to use it on her. I mixed it in with her food with no problem
They have all started to firm up as well and Spirit the one that didnt want too eat ate all by herself tonight

Banned

08-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #20

That is not a strong enough wormer for an adult cat!!!!!
I find it hard to believe a vet told you to use that

And it only deals with round worms, not tapeworms properly....

Just buy a good worming tablet please, or this cat will never get better.

Please listen to FREE advise given on here....

Wishing maisey all the best, and her kittens,