Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #11

Re: Polly aged 12.5

Sorry to hear Polly is so down.

I have experienced a number of my cats and dogs being depressed to varying degrees when one of their companions has gone.

I have found that a little more tlc and just being aware of them for a while is helpful. It usually took mine around 2 - 4 weeks to be back to normal, although I did have one dog who I would say was not quite herself for around three months.

I think it is very hard to judge how 'old' a cat is against others. One of my ferals lived to about 16 and he had had quite a tough life before coming to me. I think if she is fit and healthy then it may not be so much an age thing.

WHy not talk to your vet if you are worried it is her health rather than her missing her friend.

You must be missing Max too and I send both you and Polly best wishes and (((hugs))).

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 moggy, 2 long haired
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #12

Thanks Calismum. You are so right. Its very difficult to lose and old friend after 13.5 years, he was one special dog.
We are giving Polly as much love as she will tolerate. You know those farm torties though, one or two coochies and though she's smiling sweetly, we have to be aware of the lightning swipe of a claw ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #13

I had a Siamese who pined for my Old Staffie when she died, he spent all his time in the utilityroom.....He only picked up when I got a Staffie puppy months later...