Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #11

Re: Maisey's bottom

Maisey has colitas probaly due to her diet she is on Whiskas kitten now put her on the adult one. She has being given
Prednisolone and Metronidazole tablets. Got to take her back in a week. The vet said the kittens should be weaning now 3 are eating mushed up whiska dry kitten food. She should be alright to feed the kittens on these tablets. She doesnt like car journers either she threw up just before we got there. And whilst we were waiting a staffy just looked at her cage and she went for it and continued growling at every other dog she saw.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #12

Poor Maisey - hope she starts to improve very soon.

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #13

She is realy out of sorts she hasnt even looked for her kittens

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #14

Well, in a way that's good, as if they're hungry they're more likely to eat solid food. Poor girl, they do so hate vet visits. I hope the meds will clear up her colitis promptly; had to laugh at her and the dog though!

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #15

Sounds awful but the other pet owners couldnt stop laughing at her. Even when we told her too shut up she growled more. There was a staffy, Gernan sheppard, two chocolate labs, jack russel and a dalmation. Going to get a stronger carrier for her dont trust her with dogs

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #16

Tried maisey on the tablets this morning. Tried putting in mouth, wrapping it in ham, dipping it soft cheese suggested by vet, cat food, adding it to milk crushed up, and finaly sardines. There no way she will take her tablets i have done all the above and she just spits them out. I realy need help now. She is the most akward cat for giving tablets i dont know what too do

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Tried maisey on the tablets this morning. Tried putting in mouth, wrapping it in ham, dipping it soft cheese suggested by vet, cat food, adding it to milk crushed up, and finaly sardines. There no way she will take her tablets i have done all the above and she just spits them out. I realy need help now. She is the most akward cat for giving tablets i dont know what too do
Jane, try putting your middle finger and thumb over Maisey's snout to grip either side of her teeth. With you other hand hold the tablet between your forefinger and thumb, then with your middle finger open her mouth with gentle pressure on her bottom teeth. Pop the tablet to the back of her throat (as far as you can), then immediately gently stroke her up and down on her throat with her head slightly inclined. She will then swallow the tablet

I had 10 years of giving tablets twice a day to my last cat and this method never failed

Edited to say........ stay relaxed or she will pick up on your tension...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #18

Good luck! That's the approved method of pilling a cat; I could never do it; even if I got the pill to the back of the throat after a terrible struggle it got spat out. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, or negative; hope you'll succeed.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Good luck! That's the approved method of pilling a cat; I could never do it; even if I got the pill to the back of the throat after a terrible struggle it got spat out. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, or negative; hope you'll succeed.
I think the secret is to keep gently rubbing her throat until you feel her swallow

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #20

She is so clever going to try again after our tea.