Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
27-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #1

Maisey's bottom

She has got a very drippy bottom(sorry about discription) She is runny but can break wind and she leaks . We had too take some meat off her today and she leaked all over my shoe when i picked her up. She eats anything she can she hasnt had any meat for a couple of days either. She has always had this problem and i am wondering if that is why she was dumped. Her other bad habbit is pinching meat off your plate if you let her. She is still nursing a bit with two of them but the other two are eating a little better. I am going to give her a couple of days and if no better take her to the vets. She is still on whiskas kitten food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: Maisey's bottom

Are her actual movements shaped or runny too? She might have an irritable bowel; I understand that can be difficult to treat; the vet will know. I hope it improves soon.

Even the best behaved cat will steal food off our plate if they can get away with it. even if they've just recently had dinner. I went to answer the door at dinner once, and turned around to see Dandy with my trout by the tail starting to drag it away. And Patches would steal butter any time she could. Fortunately, Leia doesn't much care for "people food" so she never bothers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #3

Sounds like a vet trip to me.

Just a thought - does she still clean up after the kittens? It could be that. IBS also sounds possible.

I think the stealing is just a natural urge. Alfie will have anything he can if he gets away with it.

I do hope it is easily remidied, please let us know how she gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #4

I do think a vet visit is called for. You don't want that to carry on - poor Maisey. Do let us know how she gets on.

Catsey Veteran

27-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #5

She is going as i am typing they look like cow pats. Never thought of IBS i have that and it is awful. She still washes her babies but they use the litter tray for both themselfs and cover it up as well.

Catsey Veteran

27-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #6

Poor Maisie, she should be having shaped movements. I hope the vet can help with it; must be very uncomfortable for her leaking as cats are so clean by nature.

Catsey Veteran

27-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #7

If she has too go onto a special diet i will cope somehow. She was like this when we found her but even worser. I think her having her babies started it all off again. I realy need the kittens weaned so i can get her speyed but if she has this will they still do it.

Catsey Veteran

27-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #8

I guess the vet is the one to answer that question; they might want to get her bowel problem cleared up before the spay surgery. Maybe not. Hope PL comes on soon, I'm sure she knows.

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #9

Taking Maisey to the vets in a hour. She is still pooping alot. Kittens seem fine

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #10

Let us know, please! Hope the vet can sort it.