Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
26-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #1

Cruelty to Cats

Just read this on BBC News site. I live in N. Ireland and find this type of cruelty unforgiveable.

Burning of kittens investigated

An investigation into an incident in which four kittens were found burned to death in County Londonderry is continuing, police have said.
The remains of three of the kittens were found after a grass fire at a house in Freehall Road in Castlerock last Friday. A fourth was found nearby.
It is understood a fifth was rescued, and although badly injured, rehomed.
Police have appealed for anyone with information about the incident to contact them at Coleraine station.
A spokeswoman for Oak Tree Animal Rescue Centre told the Coleraine Times newspaper that the incident was "an appalling act of cruelty".
"A neighbour, who reported the incident to us, actually heard the animals screaming and managed to rescue one of the kittens.
"She was unable to go back to try and rescue more of the kittens because of the intensity of the blaze," she said.
The spokeswoman said the penalties for animal cruelty were too lenient in Northern Ireland. "In America you can get up to seven years in prison for causing cruelty to animals," she said. "We see a lot of cruelty to animals, but these were helpless little kittens that couldn't escape. It is senseless."

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #2

Re: Cruelty to Cats

Bloody B*******! I hope they rot in hell! How anyone can do this to helpless animals I have no idea. It's time there was tougher penalties for animal cruelty in this country.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #3

How anyone could even think of doing such a horrible thing is beyond me

We definately need tougher penalties for animal cruelty

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #4

Words fail me. Poor, poor kitties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
26-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #5