Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
25-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #1

Today's plan for kitten sitting didn't go quite to plan. and a question..

Remember the aunt and co' were away from sunday till tomorrow, and how i sorted a 2nd cousin would stay at the house sunday, monday, tues and then today i would go spend the day with the kits-and then the aunt returns tomorrow?
Well it didn't quite go to plan today as i was double booked for puppysitting for Zeuss the GSP puppy (i do this three days a week every week-so couldn't let this one down), so decided the kittens would be fine-which they were, and i popped over for a bit this afternoon/evening (got someone to take and bring me back), but they slept for a lot of the time i was there so i ended up going on one of the computers and *cough*browsing on here and dogsey*cough*

But yes they are both okay, growing-extra naughty and extra sweet! But a discovery i made today and now my ears are pleading for it not to be true-well its common knowledge gingers n whites can be noisey mights-yes? well this combined with the fact that the kittens 'grandfather' (as it were) was an oriental seems to be taking an affect in Bella, cause today she was so noisey-BUT it wasn't the normal meow or such, this was a deep throated wail, and my ears recalled those long forgotten siamese days and i think an alarm bell in them set off which rang "Oh No, not again!"
So..erm..yes, i fear i will be deaf before long
But a question-is it 'physically' possible that Bella would have 'inherited' the vocalness and the type of vocals? Cause Megan has it..but as she is sorta, half ori it is easily so, but i wonder would it pass onto her offspring (as it seeminglly has)?
Cause some of the kittens from t'other litter are very noisey and have that very definative 'oriental' voice...and the noise that Bella was making (oh so frequentlly) was so familar!!!

But anyway-yes, it went well, we played-i was deafened, and sat in some of Megan's sick...but it was a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
25-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #2

Re: Today's plan for kitten sitting didn't go quite to plan. and a question..

Hopefully someone can help with your question Luke - sorry I am not the one x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #3

Not sure about this one Luke,But is she is part oriential she possibly has inherited the voice to go with it!There's no mistaking a siamese meiow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
25-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Not sure about this one Luke,But is she is part oriential she possibly has inherited the voice to go with it!There's no mistaking a siamese meiow!
I make her like a bit less then a quarter oriental (me and the aunt worked it out the other day) and thats more or less going to be cancelled out by the moggy blood, this said last time the litter all turned out to look like they had a 'touch of the orient' in them-vocal too!
I know that bloody voice all too well, and i cringed when Bella was sitting behind me on the sofa and made 'the' noise to get my attention

Its amazing how much they have grown in just a few days (!), and how 'cat' like they are now...scary how quick they mature.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #5

It will be interesting watching her grow up, see if she has inherited the voice....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #6

Don't know enough about cat genetics to answer this; possible that the "vocal" gene is dominant? Do you know who the father was? A bit of oriental in his background? Better invest in a pair of ear-plugs if Bella matures into full Siamese voice...