Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #1

Tipping down Thursday

Sat here under the warm laptop , wet and cold weather now although it wasn't too bad this morning.
Malaika sneaked off and chewed two big holes in our lovely fur bed cover . She needs a walk realy but i would have to drag her in the rain.
Off to the Chinese banquet tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #2

Re: Tipping down Thursday

Morning, Shelley and those to follow. Dank, dark, dismal dreary day: been raining all night and will continue through tonight; 8 C(49 F), very gloomy, A good day to stay in and potter.

Sorry Malaika was a naughty girl. Wish I could join you at the banquet, I love Chinese food. Do they do Cantonese or Szechwan?

Stay warm and dry, all ...

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Morning, Shelley and those to follow. Dank, dark, dismal dreary day: been raining all night and will continue through tonight; 8 C(49 F), very gloomy, A good day to stay in and potter.

Sorry Malaika was a naughty girl. Wish I could join you at the banquet, I love Chinese food. Do they do Cantonese or Szechwan?

Stay warm and dry, all ...
I would love for you to join us at the banquet, Eileen.
I think they do both Cantonese and Szechwan as well as some English dishes such as Cauliflower Cheese , and Indian Samosos, it's meant to be a fusion of different foods but is mostly chinese.

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #4

LOL, that reminds me of a Chinese restaurant I used to frequent back in the 50s; excellent Cantonese food but also on the menu were:

Spaghetti and meatballs

grilled cheese sandwich!!

I suppose in case someone didn't like Chinese food........

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
LOL, that reminds me of a Chinese restaurant I used to frequent back in the 50s; excellent Cantonese food but also on the menu were:

Spaghetti and meatballs

grilled cheese sandwich!!

I suppose in case someone didn't like Chinese food........
I have seen waffles, beans and sausage on a Sunday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #6

We've had a bright and breezy Autumn day here, Morgan loved his walk in the woods. He's as daft as a little child running through the leaves and kicking them in all directions

It was blood test day today, I should have gone last week but thought I'd give my liver a chance to recover from our son's wedding first, it certainly needed a good flushing to get all that alcohol out There was no-one, absolutely no-one waiting in the phlebotomy area, straight in and straight out. According to the car park ticket, it took us 12 minutes from arriving at the hospital to leaving, and that included all those stairs and long corridor! Amazing!

After much waiting, the photos of our son's wedding (proper ones this time ) are finally available online, but there are so many of them that my little notebook gets tired and freezes so I've only seen about half of them so far!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #7

What a dreadful weather day here in South Wales, really dark, car lights on all day, constant rain-yuk!
Of course today would have to be a busy one, getting Ceri up to the Day Hosp, going to Curves, calling into the birth centre, visiting a friend for lunch , then the school run. Feet haven't touched the ground.

Tonight I've ironing to do and Sky + progs to catch up on. Posh has been in all day and is very sleepy, she's perched on the top of the chair's cushionback and snoring now aww. Just drinking a nice cuppa, no idea what to have for dinner, just a quick snack as we both ate well lunchtime

Laters xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #8

Morning, all.
Love the image of Posh curled up and snoring-- snug as a bug
Got a good portion of Christmas shopping done yesterday (online, of course , love shopping in my pajamas )
It's dry today but the rain will settle in tomorrow and is supposed to last through the weekend and beyond!!
Scheduled Monkey for his Lupron injection tomorrow night. Vet wanted to see how long we could stretch it out until he needed another and he lasted three months which is promising (surgery is not really needed till they have to have it once a month or more often and/or side effects/complications) so I think this adrenal disease has been caught pretty early off. Her cuttoff age for surgery to remove the gland is six and he'll be five next March so I think we'll be okay waiting until the spring/summer of next year. Would hate to do it now while it's cold and damp, especially since he'd need to be isolated till his incision healed. I expect this injection on Fri to last us through most of the winter at least, think we still have some time yet. I wouldn't want the poor boy feeling icky over the holidays either..just a gut feeling I have to not need surgery till next year once it warms..
Solomon has a new way of waking me up which is much more pleasant than the pawing at my mouth. He gets very close to my face and purrs loudly till I wake. If I fall back asleep, he will do this again, purring even louder. There could be worse alarm clocks
Just doing some house chores today and probably a run to the store by myself while everything is still dry. Don't want to have to worry about errands as well tomorrow while we have Monkey to the vet. I like to get em there and back as quickly as possible so the goal is to get done today what I won't want to do tomorrow
Have a good day, everyone ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #9

Evening all - hubby is back from his work trip (he went to Romania for 4 days)

Just cooked dinner and we are going to chil and watch some tv!

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #10

I can just see Posh curled up snoring; what a good day for it; weather is awful here too. Glad OH is back, Emma. Tink, hope all goes well with Monkey tomorrow. I have Dr. Camuti's book on hold at the library; number one in the queue so should get it soon. Off to look at the pics now, MrsH