Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #1

British Bombay Wednesday

Moning eveyone, early post as im heading off to work soon. Its not too bad here weatherwise today.

Was at my first netball training in 13year lat night and really enjoyed it so going back evey tuesday now to try get and stay fit

Heading to OHs sisters tonight then off to meet a friend who has just came back from new zealand and i havent seen her in over a year.

Hope you all have a good day and hope the quiz goes well tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #2

Re: British Bombay Wednesday

morning Pamela and all to follow.
I expect your busy at work now. Netball OMG but i hated it I was always rubbish at sports and last to be picked in a team (can't think why ) , glad you enjoyed it.
Off to dentist very soon, see you all later.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #3

I think netball was one of the few sports I actually enjoyed, but I was still rubbish and like Shelley I also was last to be picked! Don't you feel stiff today Pamela?

Discovered this morning that Mr H has fixed some very haphazard shelving in the wardrobe in what used to be our daughter's room. It's his attempt to tidy up all his art stuff which I'm always complaining about, but it looks very chaotic, not organised at all. I think it's very telling that he did this yesterday while I was at the hairdresser's, don't you?

Kitchen smells good today, making apricot jam but it takes ages as it uses semi dried apricots so they had to soak overnight to re-hydrate them then simmer for ages to soften them. I save no money at all by making jam but it's fun!

Lovely bright, sunny day here, shame there's no laundry to dry today!

Hope the dental visit went well Shelley!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #4

Afternoon all! Just back from walking Monty. Have to say that I fell in love (again!) with a Welsh Terrier last night - a newbie at our puppy class. 8 months old and very well behaved. Her owner was nice too and does a lot of agility training. Bunty will be starting after Christmas! I have always liked the look of Airedales, and this is a pocket version! Caught OH looking for breeders on the 'puter this morning, as he was smitten too ...... not for another 18 months and the Welsh Terrier seems to be a bit of a rarity.

I was also hopeless at netball - was always in the group that was consigned to the bad court, with lots of slippery moss growing on it and yes, always the last to be picked for a team. Another sport hater here.

Have a good evening Pamela - we will miss you at the quiz. Shelley - hope all goes well at the dentist. MrsH - happy jam making! We've got plum and damson this year and have already eaten all the strawberry! No more this year, run out of jars!

OH is golfing this afternoon and I have to sort out my car insurance which is due at the end of the week.

See some of you at the quiz this evening. New players always very welcome - around 8.15 Lynz???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #5

back from the dentist, scrape and polish and all is well with both my son and myself.
Kwame and Malaika are improving daily, in fact Kwame is more or less completely better now. He's having a visit from his breeder tomorrow, she's going to give us some help re showing. Last time he saw her it was obvious he recognised her.
Apricot jam, MrsH, yum yum i love a dollop of it in rice pudding.
Angie glad the training went well and that you are enjoying thinking about another dog.
See you at the quiz tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #6

Hi friends! Heavy fog here this morning, supposed to lift off later but rather thick now. Still cool, nearing 10:30 am and only 20 C (67 F), no breeze at all to disperse the fog. A good stay-in, read, computer day; may make soup.

Glad the dentist wasn't horrid, Shelley; good news about Kwame. Pamela, will miss you tonight but sounds like a really pleasant night for you. MrsH, hubby meant well.... and the jam sounds so good! Angie, you've really gotten enamoured of dogs, haven't you? Nice to know you're having such fun.

If handball is anything like volleyball, I detested it too, was awful at it and yes, last to be picked! Not a favorite memory from school!

See you at the quiz, have a pleasant day till then!

Catsey Veteran

21-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #7

Eileen - netball is a bit like basketball, but not so fast!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Eileen - netball is a bit like basketball, but not so fast!
Thanks, Angie; I'm sure I would have hated it too and been terrible at it ... I was at basketball.

Catsey Veteran

21-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #9

"Angie, you've really gotten enamoured of dogs, haven't you? Nice to know you're having such fun."

I know you won't agree with me, but many dogs are really nice people! And their people can be rather nice too! Some of course are not.

Kizzy and Pip are still the best cuddlebugs in my life though and hopefully always will be. Funny, Kizzy seems much more affectionate since Monty arrived. Think she is thinking that she might just have to try that little bit harder!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #10

Hi all...

I was at training 9:30-4:30... Adult Protection, so quite draining subject matter. Well, I just about wrote it ran 4:30-9:30...

Beyond that, all going well enough.

Hope the quizzers have a good time...