Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #1

My new cell phone!

Probably most of you won't like it: it's very retro! Just a phone: no text messaging, no photos, no internet connect or games; and not really tiny. I love it!!! Apparently Samsung saw there was a market for just a simple phone; it's being very heavily promoted here in the States, especially to the older demographic. My old phone was just a phone, and the analog network that it's on is being discontinued by '08; knew I needed a new one and decided to get this. Here's a pic next to the computer mouse so you can see the size.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #2

Re: My new cell phone!

I love it!

My mom needs one of those. She's got a mobile, but can't use it as she doesn't know how to & she can't even answer it as she doesn't know how to And to send a text, well that's just way too complicated. It's a nice expensive phone - but seriously she can't use it at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #3

What a brillant idea!!!!! I'd love one of those for my girls, so they are able to call me (and vice versa) but none of this texting all the time and taking pics! Lucky you Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #4

Looks perfect DM, My mum could do with one of those, she has all kinds of problems with hers.....Love the name of it Jitterbug!!

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #5

It is ideal for older users who are tehnophobic or confused by the many options available in newer phones, They even pre-program up to five names and numbers in your phone before it's shipped, and it doesn't need activating...just take it out, open and use! And it has, believe it or not, a dial tone!! It is so simple; I just love it. Don't know if it's available in the UK, couldn't tell from their Web site, so I've e-mailed customer service to see if it is. Will let you all know!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #6

That's really nice Eileen.. Things are getting far too technical too fast these days, it's a job to keep up with it all..

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #7

That would be a perfect birthday present for my mum, tried so many times to teach her how to text, she just cannot get the hang of it!"

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That's really nice Eileen.. Things are getting far too technical too fast these days, it's a job to keep up with it all..
Have you read about Apple's new iPhone? I think I'd need a degree in computing to use that thing!!!

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Have you read about Apple's new iPhone? I think I'd need a degree in computing to use that thing!!!
I have an apple iPod DM, and have not got a clue what to do with it apart from turn it on!!!

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #10

Not the iPod, Moli, the new IPhone! It's practically a mini-computer the size of a couple of credit cards! Scary....