Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #1

Friday Daily

Morning all.

Weather a little overcast here threatening rain. Nothing going on here today......but stitches itching like crazy a good sign.....but irritating beyond belief.

Flowers appear to be the theme of my week too, next door neighbour just brought round a lovely bunch of flowers for me and my brother in law has just gone after carrying in the biggest assortment of flowers possible from Gerbera's to lillies, from carnations to crysthumums... I have arranged them myself........so back upstairs now. Did not lift a vase....

Hope everyone has a good day managed to stay away from the election curfulffle...not up to it at all. Eventually I will see who has won....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #2

Re: Friday Daily

Morning Kazz - I like the idea that you are surrounded by flowers. Can you get a photo??? You're very good not to have lifted the vase ........ do you have to think twice about everything?

It's gloomy here too and chilly. Not a patch of blue anywhere, looks like rain, but it seems to do that and then nothing happens. We could actually do with some more rain. My gardening chap is digging our runner bean trench today. It will get a bag of FYM and bokashi. Still can't believe the number of earthworms in that compost. It's lovely!

I have loads of transcription to do today, but will pop back on around lunchtime. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #3

Kazz - itching stitches mean they're healing well doesn't it?

Plumber's here, been here quite some time now and is fitting the water softener as I type (need a "fingers crossed" emoticon) I don't think they're going to believe their boss anymore when he says "Oh yes, that'll fit in there!"

Isn't it chilly today?

What a shambles yesterday with all those voters not getting in to vote before the doors closed! Some of them probably simply pushed their luck and left it until the last minute, but many of them were complaining that they'd been queuing for a very long time and the organisation was at fault. Not enough booths, officials etc, even running out of voting papers! Unbelievable and shameful!!!

Not a surprise, a hung result, politicians will have to talk to each other now!

Catsey Veteran

07-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #4

Yes wasn't it shameful? And I said I'd never seen a queue at a Polling Station! I always feel heartened when there's a good turnout, and I suppose that the response wasn't expected. The power of TV and the debates, I assume.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #5

Hi people. It has been so much warmer than "normal" for so many days here that when it reverts to normal, it feels cihlly! Am I making any sense? It's only 18 C (65 F) now before lunch. although bright cloudless skies. To the market as usual. I have a bud on the new Jacobean lily I got earlier, will post a pic when it opens.

If people are in the queue when the polls close aren't they allowed to vote? We do here. Angie, think you hexed it saying lines were rare ! There hasn't been much coverage on TV here, all I really know that Labor is out, Tories in and it will be a hung Parliament... sounds as bad as our almost evenly divided Congress who spend all their time arguing and get nothing done!!

Kazz, do enjoy those lovely flowers, and glad you're itching.. a healing sign! MrsH, won't you be glad when this is all over?

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #6

Just to let you know - the water softener is in!!!!!! at last!!

No more scale! yippee!

Eileen - the polls are open from 7am till 10pm, voting is legal only between those times. I expect the fallout from this will drag on for quite a while, people were understandably angry at what they described as being disenfranchised. Some polling stations urged people inside then locked the doors and allowed those inside to vote, which may be illegal if they hadn't actually been issued with their voting slips by 10pm.

You had all that chad business a few years ago, I guess this is our equivalent!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #7

Hi all. Just back from dropping Baby Bear off at the vet to get his dental done. They will call me when he's ready for pickup, most likely close to closing time. I hope my little boy handles the anesthesia okay!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #8

A Sebi-day today. It ended in tears as he threw an eppy in Waitrose and is now in bed. He's an angry little thing though - had all his pjs, pillow and duvet off the bed in a fit of the strops.

Domi is also in the dog house - his teacher has said he started this term messing around and basically defying her. His pocket money is now out of his piggy bank and he won't get it back until he has reformed. He is also going to be heading to bed at 7 with Sebi . . . I'm not having him behaving so badly, and he's only six!!

Apart from that, allotmenting most of the day which was very relaxing.

Catsey Veteran

07-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #9

I think Mums need medals! I could NOT have coped. But I do take my hat off to you girls who do!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #10

Eventful day today - BOTH washing machines at work died (weren't filing with hot water), was told not to worry though because the hot water had been turned off - workmen had come in to do repair work or something.

No rescues rehomed at all

Dylan lost yet another collar so went to the rescue to get him another one (could have gone to the pet shop for it but the rescue's really struggling finantially so got Dylan some more collars from them (and donated something to them as well money wise )