Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #41

Re: Starting low carb eating again, anybody want to join me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Thanks so much for info Emma. Have added that site to my favourites. I eat quite a lot of chicken, I love fajitas, stir fries, curries, I also love bread & potatoes

I feel so uncomfortable, nothing fits and I really hate my size. I loathe having my picture taken and avoid even looking in the mirror.

Kazz, I do a fair bit of walking with the dogs, about an hour most evenings, usually more at the week-ends. Perhaps I need to get myself an exercise bike!
Kim I think if you can cut out the bread and potatoes you would do very well lowcarbing. When I decided I wanted to lose some weight I rearched about low carbing for about a week and decided it was for me. The first time I low carbed I lost just over 3 stone and felt fantastic.

If you have got any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet
Well Done x

I wish I felt up to trying something like this......I have I think its 17 or maybe 18 weeks to our Wedding and I need to try and maybe lose a little, but just not feeling very motovated in any way at all at the mo.

Instead of a hug I need a good kick up the Ar** lol x
lol Well I would recommend low carbing, but it isn't for everybody. Have a read on the Lowcarbfriends site and see if it is for you.

Well with my cauliflower mash I added some Boursin cream cheese,.....yum that was good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
24-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
If you have got any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks so much.

You did really well to lose 3 stone - I would feel fantastic if I lost that much!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #44

Kim try cutting out the bread and the potatoes, but try something a bit differet like swimming once a week or the auquarobics classes at the local swimming baths or the ladies only sessions.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #45

Can you eat rice on this low carb diet?

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #46

Hi Kazz, american long grain rice is very high in carbs (so are a lot of other types of rice) to start off it isn't recommended but after I lost a lot of my weight I switched to Basmati rice which has a lower Gi value. So rice is fine it you want to maintain your weight on a low carb way of eating but it will dramatically slow down the weight loss.

I substitute fried Cauliflower instead of rice and it works very well, and I am sure it must be better for you.

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #47

Kim, another thing that helped me realise how many carbs I was eating was to make a note of what you are eating for a couple of days.

On average I was eating 300 carbs a day, no wonder I was putting on weight.

Don't forget low carbing is exactly that, LOW not NO, you get your carbs from Veg and not processed foods.

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #48

If anybody is interesting in doing Atkins low carb this is a list of acceptable foods for the first two weeks.

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...ceptable-foods

Although I no longer follow Atkins it does give you a good idea of what foods are lower carb

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #49

Why can't you buy Atkins products in the shops now Emma? Have they stopped doing them?

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #50

I think Atkins had quite a few financial problems a couple of years back and stopped producing their products in the UK. I believe you can still buy them in the USA.

I would recommend this site if anybody wants speciality low carb foods, i.e. jams, sauces, pasta etc.

I can recommend the dreamfields pasta, my OH cannot tell the difference between this and normal pasta. It is pricey but last a long time if you can limit yourself to one portion a week.

www.lowcarbmegastore.com

They also stock Atkins products