Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #11

Re: Starting low carb eating again, anybody want to join me?

After all that walking I cant imagine that you need to lose weight Emma!!!!

But yes I am low carbing at the moment. Been doing it about a week/10 days and lost 4lbs. Difference with me is that I dont do amy exercise whereas you walk for the whole of England!!

I have been having eggs/bacon for brekkie mainly and then for lunch a salad with tuna or chicken but need to get some food in for dinners so been a bit limited at the mo to omlettes and chicken/veg meals.

Was nearly tempted yeserday to be bad and buy a cake cos I was in a foul mood, but resisted.... but you back on it will no doubt help me like last time!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #12

Way to go Donna 4lbs is really good, hey anything lost is good!!

Well before the walk I hadn't been very good about my eating and had gone up to 10 stone 10 lbs!!! which is a lot compared to what I was last year - Got down to between 9 stone 3lbs and 9 stone 7lbs.

I am now at 10 stone 3lbs and I will be happy once I am down to under 10 stone with 9 stone 7lbs being my ideal weight.

Haven't been doing much exercise this week although I think the walk has had a bit of than effect this week. Hopefully I will be doing some exercise next week.

Off to lakeside later so I need to be very good, but my main motivation is that next week my brother is getting married and my dress is a tiny bit tight, if I can loose a few more lbs by next Saturday it will be perfect (it is a size 10)

I will post up food eaten today, later when I get back.

Good to see you back low carbing Donna, do you have a lot to loose?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG

Good to see you back low carbing Donna, do you have a lot to loose?

I am ashamed to say that I put all the weight I lost back on. Did get down to 9st 7lbs and at my heaviest was 10st 10lbs.

Now 10st 6lbs. Goal weight is 9st 7lbs again.

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #14

Well join the club Donna best thing to do isn't to beat yourself up about it but just get on low carbing and loose that weight!!!

A good snack I have found is Hartley's jellys, you can get them in Tescos they are in a tall tub, you can get raspberry and cranberry or Mango and pineapple (If I remember correctly) they are only 1.7 carbs a tub and taste really nice, make sure it is the one with sweeteners as they do smaller ones with sugar in them.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
23-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #15

well done you lot

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #16

Well done Emma. I have never done the low carb diet (done about every other diet though!) would be happy to join you, could you let me have some details if it's not too much bother please? I need to lose about 4 stone

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #17

Hi Kim, I would be more than will to help you. Low carb is basically eating meat and veg, although you can eat other foods as well, i.e. some diary.

I have followed the Akins plan as a base for my low carbing.

There is a great site here www.lowcarbfriends.com it is an american site but there are loads of UK people on there.

What type of foods do you like to eat??

Low carbing cuts out the following

Rice
Bread
Pasta
most processed foods
Anything high in sugar.

When I low carb I cut out fruit to start off with and add this later when I want to slow my weight loss down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Well done Emma. I have never done the low carb diet (done about every other diet though!) would be happy to join you, could you let me have some details if it's not too much bother please? I need to lose about 4 stone
Kim -do you walk the dog? just a thought, I lost not sure weigh wise but dress size went from a 14 to about a 10 -12 a couple of years ago by just walking a little faster with the dog and walking over rougher ground so you were using more energy. Did not diet or anything -

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #19

Anybody who loves butter chicken I have the following tip for you.

I purchased some M&S Butter chicken, 350g, now this had about 12g carbs for the whole packet, cubed 3 chicken breasts which I fried with half an onion, once cooked added the Butter chicken and this was easily enough for 4 meals, had one portion which was just over 3 carbs with some cauliflower faux rice and some saag paneer yummy!!

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #20

Food today consisted of the following:-

lunch at lakeside

We went to a restaurant called Giraffe

Starters was mushrooms with cheese and tomato
main course I had herby chicken and a salad which had a rather sweet tasting dressing on it but I tried not to have too much of it.

Drinks - loads of water
Latte with whipped cream and sugar free vanilla syrup at Starbucks.

Dinner tonight

Butter chicken with cauliflower rice and a small amount of Saag Paneer