Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
16-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #1

Hospital Tomorrow

First background or you will all wonder what the heck I am going on about

On 27th Feb I was involved in a car crash. It was a head on collision at 50mph where I was driving. I was actually really lucky that I only suffered minor injuries being cuts and bruises and a fractured patella. I had to have an operation to wire my knee cap back together and I was in cast for a few weeks following. The car was totally written off but I have a nice new shiny one now so it's not all bad

Well I am off to the hospital tomorrow morning for my 3rd check up since the op. I had my cast removed on the 5th April and was told that I would have my physio appointments through 'soon'. Until such a time I am just to bend my knee (which has not bent for around 5 weeks) and lift my leg from the thigh (which has lost all muscle so I can do naff all with it ) well I am STILL waiting for the physio appointments to come through. I have been paying to have private physiotherapy as it was getting totally ridiculous which I can't actually afford but there we go. So I am preparing myself to have a big moan about that I am considering another operation to remove the wires from my knee as I can feel them underneath my skin...yuck!!! If I decide to do this they will also manipulate my knee at the same time. I don't really want another operation but I am starting to think I may not have much of a choice.

On the plus side I started hydrotherapy last tuesday and it has been brilliant! I have had 3 sessions so far and I have another tomorrow evening. Then I am back to my physiotherapist for a review on Friday. Busy little bee I am!

Wish me luck for tomorrow, or rather the doctor he may need it with me on the warpath!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #2

Re: Hospital Tomorrow

Sorry to hear this Amber, good luck tomorrow, let us know how you go..

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #3

Ooh...that was nasty Amber, it could have been a lot worse

Good luck tomorrow, I hope everything is going to plan with your knee...... and I hope you can get them to pull their finger out about your physio

Please let us know how it goes....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #4

Good luck for tomorrow Amber. If the hospital's are anything like here expect your physio in 6 months

Catsey Senior

16-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #5

Thanks for the support guys will let you know how I get on. Think I will pop into work for a nice cuppa and a good natter on the way back just to annoy everyone all the clients laugh at me when I go in since my accident cause I can't keep away!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #6

Best of luck Amber, go in with both barrels blazing lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
16-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #7

Sorry to hear this Amber,good luck for tomorrow

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
16-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #8

Up here in the wilds of Aberdeenshire we can do self referral to the the Physio and I went with my shoulder and although not as nice as my last physio it was quick but not painless and she helped my bad ankle to.

Perhaps you need to move up to Scotland - Elaine and I will be the welcome party.

GOod luck and hopefully you will get your physio and not have to hit Dr with walking cane!!!

Catsey Senior

16-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
GOod luck and hopefully you will get your physio and not have to hit Dr with walking cane!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #10

Best of luck tomorrow; sending good vibes!