Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #21

Re: Blue Badge (disabled bays)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Good luck Soupie, I really hope you get one. Do you not get higher rate DLA mobility?
Appealing for the 3rd time

I apparently in the words of the DWP "do not suffer enough" - exact words as to why it was denied

I cannot walk without two crutches and enough morphine to fell a horse and then very slow and tottery and have been in hospital twice this week with respiratory depression which doesnt help but the DWP in their infinite wisdom have said no whilst I am aware of someone who receives the mobility component because she likes to be accompanied shopping She manages on own but because has mental health issues she only had to say on a bad day she is too scared to go to a bank alone to receive full mobility element. I can't blinking walk but am not allowed it - go figure

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #22

I cannot comment on disability bays but the parent and child ones are even worse as you don't have to have any special badge so anyone parks there, and it is so frustrating when some idiot has parked their car there for ease and you have to struggle getting your child of the baby the seat without opening the door too wide and bashing the car next to you, and then into pushchair, or even worse when they are very small and having to cart the whole baby seat out of the car in a normal bay is a nightmare.

When my son was a baby my mum would be the driver and she would go mental at people walking to/away from their car in a parent and child spot without a child.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupie
Appealing for the 3rd time

I apparently in the words of the DWP "do not suffer enough" - exact words as to why it was denied

I cannot walk without two crutches and enough morphine to fell a horse and then very slow and tottery and have been in hospital twice this week with respiratory depression which doesnt help but the DWP in their infinite wisdom have said no whilst I am aware of someone who receives the mobility component because she likes to be accompanied shopping She manages on own but because has mental health issues she only had to say on a bad day she is too scared to go to a bank alone to receive full mobility element. I can't blinking walk but am not allowed it - go figure

Totally unbelievable!!! I know what these people are like. I've been getting DLA for the last 8 years now. And because of my age I had to apply every year for the first 3 and every time I had to sit in front of an appeal board It was only when I started getting it for the 3 years that they gave me higher rate mobility, before that I only got personal care. It's all to do with the wording you use int eh forms. I had a friend who's husband was very limited mobility wise. He got turned down for DLA because he had said on the form he could make a cup of tea by himself!!!!!!!! If you can go to an advice bureau to get help with filling in the forms, they know what they correct terminology is. Very good luck. Will be rooting for you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #24

Soupie.... For what it's worth I think that's disgusting. Appeal, get professional help to fill in the form. Keep at them.

Back in December my money was cut, nobody came to see me or contacted my Doctor.
When I asked them what was going? on it seem's someone decided I was getting better! Why? How? I have a degenerative disease, I will not get better, only worse. I'm still waiting for the answer to my appeal and have been told it can take up to 12 weeks. That was 13 weeks ago?