Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #1

gearing up for my trip

well, i don't know if i should call it a trip but my four hours drive to my parents...plus another four back (at least..hopefully weather doesn't make it a longer trek).
so today is my christmas morning. i got about three to four hours sleep last night. i'm exhausted. it's six thirty am right now.
we went to OH's family's house last night for christmas celebration and met his sister's new beau..everyone was very nice and i got some products from the humane society and some treats for the kids..some booze and a hand knitted scarf.
left the ferrets out all night and attempted to sleep in the room with them..was hoping they'd play all night and be tired out so that when we leave at eight am putting them in the cage would be no big deal..but they slept all night and i'm not sure if waking them up now would be a wise choice or not ..so after all this sleep they will probably be a little annoyed with me for caging them all day i'm going to feel guilty for doing it but it's for their own safety while i'm gone.
last night when we drove into town it was snowplowed fairly well but once we got back home it was an ice skating rink again. temp is supposed to rise today and things should get slushy but we are six hundred feet higher than everyone else and more north so i doubt our snow will melt off much. i'm guessing the hardest drive will be getting out of town and onto the freeway, then it will be nicer. have said some little prayers to myself we will be okay on this drive and the furkids will all be okay while we're gone.
on a good note, our pipes thawed yesterday so don't have to worry about that anymore.
anyway, just wanted to say i'm leaving soon and i hope my anxiety on this trip is not needed and everything will be okay. i'll let you all know what prezzies the kids got when we get back.
OH not awake yet, hope he has an easy time as he did have a few drinks last night and took a sleeping pill to get to bed. i hope it's not too hard for him to wake properly to drive.
oh and if this post is long and haphazard it's just because i'm a zombie right now, LOL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #2

Re: gearing up for my trip

Safe trip Tink, and I hope you have a nice time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #3

I'm sure all will be well tink. It is a worry when you have to consider so many things before you get to your destination.

Hope you have a great time.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
27-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #4

Have a safe and enjoyable trip Tink. I always find if you really are anxious over an event then it always turns out better than you thought.

Look forward to hearing all about it x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #5

Have a safe journey and hope you enjoy yourself xxx