Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #51

Re: CRF - anyone?

Sorry I have only just seen this I was not about for a while

And no advice other than what you said is right and if you think about it you'll realise, you said "Reason being he ran and hid from me when he saw the syringe" so he did not hide from you but the syringe.

Oscar ain't keen but tolerates it, he still loves and trusts me Lord knows why, maybe its because I poke him with a sharp stick if he doesn't.

Anyhow hope he's okay again now Oscar is loosing a little weight but not sure if thats the CRF or the steriods for his arthritis kicking in - cats eh who'd have em.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #52

Aww poor Oscar, I hope he picks up again soon.

Winston is currently recovering from a bad case of cystitis. Poor old fella is currently confined to the lounge today coz i need to get a urine sample. Bless his old cotton sox, he's not a happy kitty about being confined dispite all his favourite things being in there with him and the constant attention, playing and grooming.

We also have a new cat, Bernie, who is currently confined in another room. Intros will be slow as Eva hates the smell of him. Having to divide my time today in different rooms with different kitties. Oh well. Have to say though that Winston is not at all bothered about the new comer as long as he stays out of Winstons favourite bed

Havent been around for a while either as its been one thing after another here and then the computer crashed. Up and running again now though.

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #53

Hey Elaine remember when we first "met" think this was it for us.........and the reason why I "love ya"...odd I am travelling down memory lane.

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #54

That was a blast from the past, what made you think of viewing this again?
I felt very pleased to have found this forum and a uk member to go over these things with, up till this point no one else had heard of or had any experience of CRF on the other forums I used and the CRF group were all Americans mostly.

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #55

What "set me off" so to speak was a phone call on Friday from the receptionist Diane at the vets I go to there is a couple there with an elderly cat 21 who has been diagnosed with CRF and they are struggling they asked if they knew of anyone who had a cat with CRF and hence Diane gave me a call.....I offered and did speak to a lady when Cleo was poorly if you recall. I said yes give them my mobile.....and I spoke to them today ..hence revisiting the thread yesterday I was trying to recall how pleased I was I met you...........to get my head into that place...of cat with unknown diagnoses and my emotions this thread did that well. I mean now I speak with detachment and did not want to sound unconcerned......disinterested so I had to get my head back to then.

Ta Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #56

How nice of you to chat with these people, I hope you were able to put them at a little more ease about the condition. It really does help to talk with some one who is either there or has been there.
You're a gem xxx and I was glad to have you to talk to at that time also, helped me alot so thanx to you too xxx

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
How nice of you to chat with these people, I hope you were able to put them at a little more ease about the condition. It really does help to talk with some one who is either there or has been there.
You're a gem xxx and I was glad to have you to talk to at that time also, helped me alot so thanx to you too xxx

See I paid her to say that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #58

I was glad to read this thread; it was before I joined. The support and knowledge here is really amazing, and comforting.