Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
21-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #11

Re: Cats being sick

yep me too..was there any consistency to the vomits? colour? odour? identifiable markings? just a thought

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
21-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #12

It was very waterey. I fed them there usual food this morning and within 5 mins Lucky threw up. I think its the food. I have given them some wet food and they have all tried it and touch wood havent being sick. I have e-mailed the maker just incase it was a bad batch.

Almost a Veteran Member

21-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #13

well hopefully that is the case... would be a simple solution if it is...wonder if you'll get a reply from the manufacturer

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #14

I have jsut got off the phone from them. They are sending me a bag to send it back to them. They are going to analise the food as well. They also told me if i do take them to the vets to inform them straight away. Also they are phoning me tomorrow to see how the cats are. I need to know not just for my cats if its the food but for other people cats. I am not after anything from them but i want them to know if there is a problem. They haven been sick since the wet food has being put down.

Almost a Veteran Member

21-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #15

that's great that they are taking this whole thing seriously.... and i know what you mean about needing to know for other cats as well as your own...fingers crossed they are fine with the wet food...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #16

How nice they responded the way they did! It does sound suspicious, especially as the wet food has stayed down; do keep us posted.

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #17

The food is the only thing that they all have in common. I was more worried if any other cat especially on here eat the same food. They are out now and havent been sick since this morning. The wet food has stayed down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #18

Can you tell us what the food is Jane?

I am very pleased the company has responded positively. It didn't cross my mind when you first posted that it could be the food at fault.

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #19

It Purina Once Adult Chicken and rice 3kg. I thought at first they had pick a bug up but thing about it could only be the food. They are all lively in themselfs and are running around in the garden and seem ok.. If it had continued today after i gave them wet food i would have taken them to the vets.

Catsey Veteran

22-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #20

They sent me the prepayed envelope to send the food back and phoned me up exactly when they said they would as well. The food has got to go for testing and i have kept the rest of it just incase they said they loose it. They asked about the welfare of all the cats and to contact them if i needed to take them to the vets. They have stopped being sick as well. I have changed there food to Felix as they hate whiskers and they have kept it down. I will update you when i have the results of the food being tested.

jane