Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
20-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #1

Cats being sick

I thought that they could have a furball as they all groom each other. It started on sun/mon with lucky beign sick and later kado was sick on the chair, followed a few hours later by Simon beign sick on the settee as well. I am kicking myself for thinking it was just furballs and totaly dismissed it. Today Chester was sick in the bedroom and Lucky and Guinness where sick within minutes of each other in the living room this afternoon. Lucky never goes out of the garden so he cant have picked out up like a mouse. I have taken there food up this morning just to see if it settles there tummys if it persits i will take them to the vets but will be only able to take 3 at the most(cat carriers). I kneed to get this sorted out before the car goes back sometime this wk. Any ideas what it could be or anything that i could give them.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #2

Re: Cats being sick

Poor things.
I suppose if it was all the human members of a family you would put it down to a 'bug', limit their intake to just water/lucozade etc and wait for it to pass.
I'm not a vet and I don't know if that's the right thing for cats. Removing their food and ensuring they have access to clean, fresh, water sounds right.
I hope there'll be no more vomiting and that they will all be fine.

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #3

Two have just ate. I have never seen them all sick at the same time. I hope they are better soon as i have just found out that the car is going back on Friday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #4

That is a worry Jane. I'm really not sure what I'd do - sounds as if it's got to be a bug of some sort as most of your cats have it. I think I'd phone the vet and ask if there is anything that they know is "doing the rounds" and what they're advising if so. As DM says, withdrawing food but making sure they have fresh water is good. Have you noticed any difference with their litter habits?

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #5

no they havent. They have been going out more escaping through the cat flap but not lucky. I have asked my other neighbours and there cats arnt ill. There all asleep at the moment except kado who escaped through the blocked off catflap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
20-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #6

If my cats had been vomiting since Sunday / Monday I would get them to the vets asap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #7

I'm inclined to agree with Smudgley on that one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #8

I agree too. Even if one has not been out there is a chance they could have picked something up from the others being sick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #9

Think the same , vets asap....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #10

Another vote for a vet trip here .....