Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #11

Re: Help!?!?! Urgentt Xx

Hope he is feeling better after his vet visit....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bicolour
09-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #12

Hello everyone, well went to the emergency vets at 4:00, thankfully they said its nothing to worrie about as the vet put some food out and he ate some! typical! haha, so he is doing fine, still looks very sore and wont let me look at it propperly, but he seems to be doing fine. The vet said do not put anything on it, we will give you some antibiotics on monday so that was about it! he is sleeping now as usual haha! xx thanks for all your comments helping me, will update my forum on monday and tell you all how he is doing! xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #13

If in doubt Matthew, it's always better to run things past the vet. I've found I've worried myself sick over nothing at all in the past and also have missed vital signs of illness which the vet picked up straight away.

I hope your cat responds to the antibiotics next week and is soon as right as he should be

Quick question - if he's a fighter, is he neutered?

Catsey Junior

10-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #14

Yes Yola your all right there! he is neutered, but seems to still fight but only with males. He likes to protect the female's as much as possible. If any other cat is in our garden, he hates it but seems to go towards the female.

Catsey Junior

10-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #15

Right, i have taken some pictures of the wound in his mouth, it dosnt look that bad but it is very yellow and red raw! i think he has lost a tooth!? not sure but lets see what you all think! sorry about the pictures, he wasnt too happy about me fiddeling with his mouth! xx
(as you can see on one/two pictures it is swollen)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #16

That does look painful! Poor boy, hope the ABs will help.

Catsey Junior

10-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #17

yer i know, thankyouu, we will see tomorrow! haha, quick question, as i havent been on antibiotics alot, which ones are the best? such as mix in his normal food ect?x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #18

Hi,
The type of antibiotic will usually depend on the type of infection they are being used to treat and the active ingredient usually affects how it is presented ie some drugs need a protective coating to protect them from the stomach acid so shouldn't be crushed or split etc. It's usually best to give the tablet in a small amount of tasty food so you can be sure that he has eaten it all!
Hope he feels better soon. Lx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
10-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #19

It might be Synulox, that's what Solomon is on at the moment. His dosage is a quarter of a tablet twice a day which I crush up and sprinkle on moist food as there's no way I could get it down his throat otherwise! It seems to be quite palatable as he obligingly hoovers it down with the rest of his food.

Good luck!

Catsey Junior

10-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #20

thankyou pinklizzy, that really helped. haha same gumby cat! i had to put my cats tablets all the way down his throat. Lets just say he was not happy about it! haha x it probbably will be Synulox then! thankyou everyone for all your help and the good luck messages! x will update my forum and tell you what happends at the vets tomorrow! x