Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #1

More than one bank account

Okay never dawned on me till today but am I the only person who has more than one account I have one main one where wages paid into this also becomes my spending account ie whats in there after bills/food is for me.
A direct debit comes from main one to another one for direct debits/bills to come out of and a direct debit goes to another account for food/petrol etc.

Just speaking to a friend today who thought I was odd.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #2

Re: More than one bank account

Seems practical to me, although I just have one checking account. I have direct debits go on one of my credit cards, which are paid off in full every month. That works for me...

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #3

See I used to be a bit of a flybynight regarding money ie forgot bills coming out etc. And got irritated by myself paying charges for direct debits not paid etc so decided to have an account with enough money paid in to cover bills. Then this graduated to an account for food when I flat shared a year of hell and never changed it but it works very well for me.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #4

We have more than one account, I have three accounts with barclays, a joint account with HSBC and Abbey with the OH, and we have a savings account with C&G, we also have a joint account with Natwest and my OH has accounts with HSBC and Halifax we have a lot of accounts!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #5

Welcome to the bank account hoarders Emma I should have known you had more than 1.