Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #11

Re: Saving money?

Interesting! Now infants get a Social Security card and number at birth; when I was growing up you applied for one to get a job; I got my first job at 16 as a clerk in a department store (loved it...employee discount!) and still have my original card, dog-eared and worn!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
01-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #12

Actually with your parents consent and your high schools. At the age of 14 you can work a morning on a Saturday in a shop.

Do what I do. Get a big jar, an old coffee jar or if your lucky enough a chocolate tin without the choc's . Make a slanty hole, tape the top or super glue it . Every time you get a £2 coin put it in. It soon adds up and I'm over 40

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #13

Jane, do you get a free newspaper delivered where you live? My children used to deliver those and they were paid by how many they delivered. Also it there were any advertising inserts that went inside, they were paid extra for that. They are only delivered once a week and if you get lots of different inserts to go with them you can earn anything between £10 - £20 just for that one day. I think they have waiting lists so if you wanted to do that I would suggest you write or phone the people who produce the paper and ask to be put on their list. They usually arrange a round in your area..