Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #1

Banks!!!

I put £1000 inot a bank account my hubby and I had but we hadn't been putting vast amounts of money in it for a few months as we changed banks. Now that hubby's abroad we thought it would be a good idea to start putting money in the account so that hubby can get to some money. Our main bank account is a Cash Only account.

Anyway I went to draw out some of it yesterday and the machine took my card. I went into the branch and asked them what the heck was going on. They said that because we hadn't used the account for so long, bearing in mind they've been taking a loan payment out of it, that they had withdrawn my card. I had no warning of my card being withdrawn.

I played holly hell in that bank. There was a huge qeue and I said 'Look I've just paid £1050 into that account how the hell am I gonna get to that money now?' Their reply was 'Use your cheque book'

I haven't got a cheque book for that account and they know it I'm back down there this morning to sort this out and get my money back. I don't care if i have to be there all day, I'll get my money out of them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
05-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #2

Re: Banks!!!

I hope you get it sorted x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #3

I HATE banks with a passion. Had a long running battle with the one I used to be with but you can't win with these people, the staff hide behind policy and guidelines and these are always constructed in such a way that the consumer looses out

Nae - stand your ground; refuse to leave the premises until you have a solution and keep asking to speak to someone senior. Each time someone else comes down and can't help get their boss summoned until you have someone that's able to resolve things.

I did this once, and ended up with the whole branch in uproar as Dominik was screaming in his pram (we'd been there about 2 hours by this time), and all the people in the queue were putting their tuppence worth in and telling the bank to stop being so stupid. In the end they had to back down I won the battle but sadly not the overall war with them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #4

Got and idea for you you are dealing with a bank - they want your money right go down today and instead of put in arguing say you want to put money in???????? put in say a £1, then immediately after say you also want to withdraw and however they let you put the money in (ie by a slip or whatever) then withdraw the same way - be slighty sneaky. if that doesn't work then cause merry hell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #5

They saw me coming The girl I dealt with yesterday had everything sorted for me by the time I went in. She asked how much I wanted ot draw out, I told her but I got my own back I said I wanted £500 in £20 notes, £400 in £10 notes and the rest in £5

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #6

Glad you got it all sorted Nae ............... banks grrrrrrr

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #7

Glad you managed to get it all sorted out Nae!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #8

last time i went in the bank they where trying to push a credit card onto me, i dont want one, never had one, wont need one. and no i dont want to up-grade my account, im happy with what ive got, why can they leave well alone,
i would of told them i wanted to close my account n taken my bix else where.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #9

Oh I HATE banks!!!! lol actually I don't hate a lot of things but I do hate banks!! Glad to hear you got it all sorted Nae I would have might a right fuss until they repaid the money!!! what a cheek!! it is your money not theirs!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #10

Nae, glad you got things sorted out.