Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
28-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #1

Moggies or Pedigrees?

I'm putting this here because although I don't think it will get to shouting and screaming at each other (I hope not!!!) it is still a debate of sorts.

Which do you think there's more of? Pedigrees or moggies? I'd say moggies because I don't think a queen cat when she's in season will really care what breed of cat she's mating with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #2

Re: Moggies or Pedigrees?

I'm assuming it would be moggies. GCCF, TIKA, CFA have thousands of pedigrees on register, but there must be millions of moggies around the world. Or did you mean UK/US? Still think it's moggies.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
29-09-2008, 04:13 AM   #3

i think it is moggies aswell!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #4

I'd go for moggies too! You should see the "prides" of moggies that hang out at tourist sites around the world - begging for scraps etc. I personally came across a big colony at Siracusa on Sicily.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #5

I'm sure it must be moggies. Tried a gogle on cat populations but couldn't get anything specific.

CM

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #6

Moggies. I think that pedigrees are only bred in captivity, as pets. I very much doubt there's a pedigree siamese wandering around out there, let alone two that just so happen to mate together. Of all the homeless cats wandering around out there, 99.9% must be moggies and they breed a lot more than pedigrees!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: selkirk rex, ragdoll
22-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #7

well ive had both.i have pedigrees at the moment, i have got predigrees from rescue shelters too its not all moggies at shelters
pedigrees can cost more and i cannot let them roam free, where as moggiesyou can. difficult