Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
13-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Monday

Morning all
Its looking very grey and miserable here at the moment, hopefully it will brighten up a bit.
The dogs woke me up early today,the decided they needed there walk at 7 today and couldnt possibly wait untill 8 when they usually go
Not much planned for today, may go and have a look around town and look at what I cant afford to buy
Hope you all have a nice day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Monday

Morning Erin. It's grey and drizzly here too - still, it's a work day so I'm not too upset! Not much going down here, I'm feeling a lot better but still getting quite breathless quite quickly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #3

Morning all

Off work today as I have been unwell for a while... the NHS Direct nurse I spoke to on Saturday said she thinks I have mumps so I am just going to my doctors today to see what she thinks and where we go from here!

Hmmm work will NOT be happy!

ETA: It is confirmed as mumps by doctor... off work this week. Work are definately NOT HAPPY.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #4

Morning Erin, Yola and Donna.

Donna - so sorry to hear you have the mumps. Your work may not be happy but they'd be even less happy if you went in and passed it on to other people. Try not to forget that your health really does come first and you will never get any thanks from work colleagues for going in when you're ill - I've learned that from experience.

Glad to hear you're on the mend Yola. Look after yourself - feeling fully better will take a bit of time!

Erin - hope you are fully recovered???

Hope everyone else is full of beans and bus tickets today!

Grey and miserable here - much prefer the blue skies and brightness of the last few days.

Ho hum - lots of transcription still to do, so onwards and upwards!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #5

Grey and gloomy here also Have been into town this morning for a few bits and pieces, had a delicious mocha topped with cream in House of Fraser...... delicious, naughty but nice!!

Erin & Yola
~ glad the two of you are feeling better now...

Donna ~ sorry you have mumps, I had it years ago and can remember how painful it was to swallow or even open my mouth at times. Don't worry about work not liking it, your health comes first...

Have a pleasant day folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
13-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #6

Hi all,
Sent home from work early as I fainted in theatre and apparently look awful . Grey and miserable here so I'm curled up on the sofa with the animals.
Hope you feel better soon Donna x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
13-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #7

Morning all! Had a much better weekend than last (could be something to do with the fact that it didn't downpour and leave me soaked...)

Had a succesful shopping trip in town, finally got the curtains up properly (much to Darcy and Minsky's delight. They spent a full hour playing with them, jumping under then, around them, pouncing at each other through them) and chilled out last night watching Desperate Housewives

Loads going on at work, in a stressful way: some disorganisation on one persons part has led to everything being held up! But trying to remain positive.

I must admit I decided against going wheat-free in the end. I know it's highly hypocritical after I was saying how easy it is last week, and I admit I didn't crave or miss wheat at any point. But I realised that I do love eating, I love good food, and eating out is what a lot of my social life revolves around (!) and as my favourite food is Italian, no bread or pasta could effect that! So, to save a life style change, I am not cutting out wheat, as in doing so I'd raise my intolerance, but going to watch how much I eat at a time and eat a more balanced diet anyway. I'm still caffiene and chocolate free though, which I consider a huge acheivement

It's misty and cold here, but feeling very autumnal and I do love autumn!

Donna, sorry to hear you have mumps Just rest up lots and get better soon! If your work are annoyed, it's there problem, like others have said, it's better you stay home and rest than go in and risk other people getting it, and you deserve to rest when ill!

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #8

Lizzy, Donna, so sorry to hear you are both unwell. I had mumps as a child but don't really remember it - apart from being off school for about 3 weeks!! Take care of yourself, as it can be a nasty for adults.

PL - fainting OMG, please look after yourself. That sounds worrying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Hi all,
Sent home from work early as I fainted in theatre and apparently look awful . Grey and miserable here so I'm curled up on the sofa with the animals.
Hope you feel better soon Donna x
Get well vibes sent from another sickly person

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #10

So sorry to hear you're not well either Liz. Think we'd better ask the "powers" for a Catsey Convalescent Ward! Hope that Imogen and Kindly soon have you feeling better.

Get well wishes to you from Merlin and me!