Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
06-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Monday

Morning all,
Its absolutely freezing here this morning,the cars were all frozen over!!
Feeling really rough today,the bad throat kicked in properly yesterday, can hardly talk at all an my throat is raw.
Off to work just to do the medication the going to see if I can come home.
Hope every one has a good day xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Monday

Oh dear Erin. There seems to be a lot of 'lurgi' around; probably the change of season, not that we've really had a summer to change from

It's dry here and I've a load of washing just on its last rinse, so I'll get that out soon, in case there's any rain lurking anywhere.

Am just about to order my ma in law some silk underwear, as she can't keep herself warm now. Poor thing, she is 87, fit as a flea but she always was slim and now is positively skeletal, although she eats well. Must be hard to be warm with so little flesh on your bones. So, a silk 'spencer' long johns and socks should fit the bill.

My across-the-road neighbours have just had their house sale fall through Bet they won't be the last that happens to

OK - off to hang out the washing - have a good day everyone

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
06-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #3

Afternoon Erin and DM!

Erin, I woke up with a sore throat too Completely out of the blue, felt fine last night. Gargled some mouth wash this morning which helped but ended up choking and swallowing a little of it Too early for such complicated things! It also feels near-freezing here, very frosty and sharp. My toes are still warming up!

Been for my food allergy test this morning which I'll post about in the thread in 'health'. Also, from y'days thread, I'll post pictures of the curtains soon Need to take some first. Was having some issues with the whole 'threading' and 'gathering' at the top last night. Basically one curtains gathered up at the top is too small but two are a bit too big; we'll see Darcy didn't understand what all the fuss was about and found himself a nice wee bed under and on the curtain as I was hooking it up, bless.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Almost a Veteran Member

06-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #4

Oh and DM, I'm curious, in what way does silk keep you warm? That's so sweet that you're getting some silk undergarments for your MIL But I also suffer problem of being quite wee and boney, so find it really hard to keep warm this time of year! Especially with poor circulation in hands and feet. I didn't realise silk was good for that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #5

Morning everyone - just looked in quickly to the daily thread and thought - here you are meep: -

http://www.patra.com/CategoryList.asp?C1=1&CatID1=1

silk definitely keeps you warm and feels lovely and is not bulky perfect really!

Have a good day everyone.

Almost a Veteran Member

06-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #6

Thanks Angie! I really didn't know that about silk. As a material is always feels very cool to touch so I thought it'd be good to keep you cool, but I may not invest in some silk under garments too I was in GAP at the weekend and they've got 3 for £12 on their angora wool socks, I couldn't help but get some they're so soft and cosy! And I got some booty-slippers from Next

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #7

Spent most of the morning at the dentist with what I thought was acavity but turns out was decay under an existing filling I now have 1/2 a numb face in addition to all-over body ache Have to get on and do some stuff in the office but if this continues I'll have to run and see the doc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #8

Well, so much for my washing - it just hung around for a couple of hours and gor thoroughly cold and then I had to bring it in as the rain came on Hmph!
Silk is fabulous at keeping you warm (and cool too I think). I know it's great at absorbing moisture, so it does the 'wicking' thing that the modern fabrics do, but it is so thin and light ir is easy to wear a full sleeved 'spencer' beneath a blouse even, without feeling all bulked up round the arms for instance. The long johns are the same - wear them under fashionable trousers and they don't look or feel bulky. Angie - it was the Patra site I was looking at, and Lands End. Think I'll have to go Patra as Lands End is quite large and MIL is very tiny.
Yola - sounds like you could do with cuddling up in some nice warm silk. It's not easy being a working mum - those who sneer should try it sometime. Even if it is possible to duck out of the work bit sometime there's no getting away from the mum bit.

Almost a Veteran Member

06-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #9

Oh Yola sorry to hear of your sore, and now numb, mouth I completely sympathise, I've never had a tooth problem like that, but I hate general body ache and suchlike. It's one of the worst kinds of being 'ill' because you're still able to work but just feel totally rotten and don't want to! Maybe a hot bath will help later this eveing? Or a purring cat on your lap?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Oh Yola sorry to hear of your sore, and now numb, mouth I completely sympathise, I've never had a tooth problem like that, but I hate general body ache and suchlike. It's one of the worst kinds of being 'ill' because you're still able to work but just feel totally rotten and don't want to! Maybe a hot bath will help later this eveing? Or a purring cat on your lap?
We only have showers as I got rid of the bath when we thought kids were not going to happen No, another early night with 1/2 reading followed my much snoozing will hopefully do the trick.

DM - thanks for that confidence booster Yes, it's a tricky balancing act. Hopefully OH will be home just after 5.30 tonight so I don't have to wrestle with the boys on my own for too long.