Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
25-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Its a beautiful Friday here. Isnt it amazing how the sun makes you feel!! I am off to work in a bit and tonight I am going to the re-opening of my friends pub following re-furbishment. So I will be a bit of a VIP

Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #2

Re: It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

*laughs* it is indeed Friday BC! Hope work goes well, and you enjoy the evening out.

overcast day here today. Kind-of makes me shake my head at the thought that I spent part of yesterdays gloriously sunny day in a room which didn't give any indication of what the weather was like. Cinema trips should be limited to gloomy horrible days when you don't want to know what it's like outside!!!

I'm off today - regularly am on Fridays. Have a hair cut in the morning, but otherwise...

Hope everyone has a good day.

Eileen, hoping we'll be able to welcome you back amongst us soon...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Its a beautiful Friday here. Isnt it amazing how the sun makes you feel!! I am off to work in a bit and tonight I am going to the re-opening of my friends pub following re-furbishment. So I will be a bit of a VIP

Have a good day everyone
Oh will the Paparazzi be in attendance?
Have a lovely day everyone, got some bills to pay and a bit of shopping to get as well as some slabs to buy and bring home.Speak to you all later and Eillen *Hello*

Mags have a good day................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #4

Morning BC , Katie and all to follow. Hope the reopening goes well BC.
Kate, hopefuly the sun will come out where you are today.
weather not bad here, took Malaika for a quick walk this morning whilst leaving Kwame in his crate, he still fusses when he goes in but is getting a little better, think we will need to toughen up. However i was rather surprised on our return to find he had climbed out of the top of the crate. Malaika has never been a climber so i forgot to check the top trap door.
Off to the docs soon, then have to post a doll i sold on ebay.

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Morning BC , Katie and all to follow. Hope the reopening goes well BC.
Kate, hopefuly the sun will come out where you are today.
weather not bad here, took Malaika for a quick walk this morning whilst leaving Kwame in his crate, he still fusses when he goes in but is getting a little better, think we will need to toughen up. However i was rather surprised on our return to find he had climbed out of the top of the crate. Malaika has never been a climber so i forgot to check the top trap door.
Off to the docs soon, then have to post a doll i sold on ebay.

Ah Houdini...................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #6

Another sunny day here some of the daffs are showing signs of being nibbled by slugs so now it's Spring I'll soon be ordering some more Nemaslug to deal with the little blighters, it worked really well last year and the slug/snail population has been much reduced, just didn't get them all!

Hubby is poorly, it's a cold (man flu ) you'd think he had the plague sore throat, cough, headache, sniffles, didn't sleep a wink last night (who was that I heard snoring then?) poor love! I've sent him out to do some errands and give me a bit of peace, I bet he goes into Boots and buys up their entire stock of flu/cold remedies I think it's going to be a tough weekend chez nous

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #7

Hi all! Glorious day here today - it's so nice and raises the spirits (no, not the ones in glasses!)

Hope you have a great evening BC.
Hope the weather cheers up where you are Squirrel
Shelley, I never knew dogs could climb!
Be careful with those slabs Kazz - get a bloke to help load/unload them!
Sorry to hear MrH is feeling proper poorly MrsH although I know what you mean, men really take colds personally, don' they - as an affront!

OH and I are gardening today. I have painted a plastic pot pink to go with the edging on a phormium - just waiting for the 2nd coat to dry before a quick coat of varnish. Hope it will hold - I wanted to buy a nice pot but they are just TOO expensive.

I also hope to be able to welcome Eileen back very very soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
25-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #8

Hi all, yes it is friday and payday woohoo!! Nice day here slight chill but sun is shining. Treated myself to chips and cheese and a can of dr pepper yum! Another busy day here at work, have a nice day all catch up later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #9

back from my MOT at the docs, apparently very low risk of developing cardio vascular disease, cholestral fine, bp a bit raised but not too bad, weight fine.
Just one draw back, i was shocked to be told i have an underactive thyroid and will now have to be on medication for life, i have been feeling tired for years but put it down to getting older and a busy life. Apparently i will feel realy great soon and will only realise how bad i've been feeling when i feel the effects of the tablets. Watch this space
Had a lovely walk along the canal, poor Kwame has to be carried yet and cried to be let down. The fresh air must have done him good as he's fast asleep now.
Hope your gardening goes well Angie.
How strange it seems on the daily with no Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #10

Woah Shelley snap I have an underactive thyroid too and am back at the Docs on Monday to get the medication. I have also been told I have no idea how well I will feel. There was a bit of uncertainty if my tiredness etc was down to the hysterectomy or something else appears to be the thyroid. My Doc drew me a picture...... pituary gland and then thyroid gland. Apparently mine is not working well.
Average TSH levels are between 0.35-5.5 mine in 9.8
And did you know if you have an underactive thyroid you are entiltled to free prescriptions?
If you have hypothyroidism, you are entitled to free prescriptions, this is for all your medicines, whether related to the hypothyroidism or not. Ask at your GP surgery for a form to fill in (form FP92A) to claim this benefit.