Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #1

Damp Tuesday

Good morning everyone

Interview went well yesterday but during the open day part of it, i realised that its not the kind of job i want. It was an interview for a job standing at a stall all day trying to get people to sign up to charities or change their energy supplier.

Not upto alot today, heading through to my mums area as im babysitting my nephew and niece tonight as always on a Tuesday. Researching Sky aswell as i have a telephone interview with them tomorrow morning.

Have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

Re: Damp Tuesday

Beautiful bright sunny day here! Spring has definitely sprung!! I have a t-shirt and shorts on!! Not at work today so will potter in the garden and house cleaning and tidying. Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #3

Gracious! T-shirt and shorts Kim? You must be a hardy sort - I am of the "cast not thy clout till May be out" sort and feel adventurous just going out without a coat!!!

Having said that, it's a glorious day here too - blue sky and warmish. Our wild plums are in full blossom and the bees are buzzing in the blossom. OH is off to play golf in a while, we have our handyman in doing a few bits and bobs in the bathroom, repairing the ceiling and I have some transcription to get on with later. I also managed to buy a small bag of cacti and succulent compost yesterday (why is it so hard to come by?) and have some agave and aloes to pot up in the greenhouse.

Eileen is in my thoughts and I am hoping that she is back with us very soon. I do miss her.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #4

Yes hurry back Eileen, you are so missed.
Sory the job wasn't what you wanted Pamela, good luck with your sky interview tomorrow.
My goodness Kim, you are brave
Angie hope you get your potting done and your transcription.
Did some training with the dogs this morning, Malaika seems a bit wilful at the moment, could be like a child who gets a new sibling i suppose ?
Kwame has screamed a little less in his crate so that can only be good.
River walk with Malaika, saw a poor dead Goose, probably a fox's handywork ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
22-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #5

Got some preparation work to do today for tomorrow's lesson, a good 3 hours worth at least, I expect. The pupils are preparing for their 2nd oral assessment for their GCSE and I need to work on templates for practising a job interview in Spanish. Hubby will be at art after lunch so I'll have the peace and quiet I need to get down to work! Actually, hubby is a bit narked today, he did a lovely job cleaning the outside of the windows yesterday and a short while ago I noticed a bird had pooped on the kitchen window so he went out and redid that pane, bless him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #6

Busy in the office today. PC is playing up horribly, thankfully the IT support chap is in doing updates so fingers crossed it'll be OK after that.

The sun is shining here and it's very warm, but as I don't even frighten the populace with shorts on the hottest of summers days, I am still in boots, leggings, long jumper and a pashmina The closest I get to stripping off is taking the roof down on the car!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's early finish and the promised 17 degrees centigrade for when I take Sebi for his afternoon riding lesson.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
22-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #7

Afternoon all...

Sorry to hear that the job isn't what you'd like to do Pamela. Still, every interview under your belt is always a positive thing...

That's warm weather Kim... Tis warmish here, but I'd probably not want shorts and t-shirt unless I was in the office - and that's maybe not the best style for there...

Hope all goes well with your transcription Angie.

Sounds like the dogs are keeping you well occupied Shelley!!!

Busy day for you too MrsH. Hope it all goes well.

I had computer problems at the office as well Yola. Tis a right nuisance, but being able to get onto the IT people is a help...

Eileen you are much missed and thought about, and I hope all goes well...

BTW... Quiz-ites - do we/you need someone to put some questions together for tomorrow? I can't as am out at a meeting tomorrow, but am pretty sure that Eileen was on it... Given the last update, it seems unlikely she'll be with us by tomorrow evening, and even if she is having some to hand might be a plan - in that she may well have been unable to sort out questions given the time frame... I can't see her feeling happy if the quiz is given up cause she can't make it...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #8

Squirrel - I posted on last week's quiz thread and volunteered to do the Qs and hosting. I've done them now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
22-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #9

Aha! Well done Angie. Don't remember now if I've looked through last weeks questions or not, though I might have done - I sometimes do. But having not taken part I wouldn't have been updated as to that thread anyway.

Am glad it's sorted out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
22-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #10

evening all! working today, as per usual! feeling sorry for myself today as this time last year i was on a plane to Australia!! booo!

ended up watching my nephew yest, poor pip, he hasnt been down here a lot, and all i heard was 'cat...cat....cat....miaw.....cat!' so for pips sanity we shut the living room door over and told him the cat was asleep!

quite mild today, but not enough for shorts and teeshirt!