Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #1

Sunny... Uh... Friday!

Good morning all...

Well, currently I'm curled up on a seat, watching Cloudly as she gives herself a bath in the middle of a sun-spot on the couch. A rare treat that I think - partly for her, being that we so rarely have had the sun recently, but also for me - cause I've been out most of the sunny days we've had, so haven't been able to see her sun-bathing tendencies.

Quiet day in here - possibly 'quiet weekend in'. I've a few jobs to do, but otherwise...

Hope you all have a good day. Anyone got any plans?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #2

Re: Sunny... Uh... Friday!

Morning Squirrel ..... gloomy here and raining now. I am sure Cloud will really enjoy her patch of sun ..... you certainly all deserve some warmth!

Plans? OH has gone to the dentist for a check-up then we are going to take a duvet to the laundry and pop into Hobbycraft which is nearby. There's a P@H just next door .....

Need to plan w/end too - weather forecast is more promising so may go walking. There was a walk described in last week's local paper where there are loads of wild daffodils, so I'd like to take the opportunity of seeing them while they're in flower.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
18-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #3

Hi all. I have my 13 y o cousin staying with me tonight. We are going to watch movies and play ps3 and all that teenage boy stuff. Still so excited about new kitten, I can't stop looking at the pics of it. Ahhh!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #4

It's grey, wet and miserable here. My vertigo has let off somewhat, however I still have a residual headache, hopefully that will go soon too.

Went to the Polish chaps down the road who do car washes for a fiver; needn't have bothered as car will get filthy going up the country lanes to pick Dominik up at the end of the day, apart from that nothing much - doing some work on the PC, helping Sebi watching Indiana Jones and doing some washing/ironing as I have 3 duvets to get through this weekend on top of the usual mound.

Extremely sad news last night that the fight the parents of the boys' old school to ensure it survives beyond the end of this academic year has been lost. Many upset parents, children and staff this morning I fear; and hopefully the dirt behind this closure will surface soon in the media and through appropriate legal channels.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #5

Hi, all! Cloudy here but delightfully unseasonably warm for a welcome change: about 11:30 am and already 19 C (61 F); will undoubtedly be able to open the porch door after lunch for the first time. This Winter hasn't actually been that much colder than normal, but the warm breaks have been so few and far between that it feels unending, So, cocktails on the porch this afternoon!

Sad about the boys old school, Yola. SM, I can understand why that cutie is obsessing you! Squirrel, hope the sun sticks around a bit more for you both; Angie, pics of wild daffodils sound lovely ...

Enjoy the day .....

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #6

Thanks Eileen... we've kept the sun, but it hasn't kept us company. Seems that the windows aren't facing the right way to have it for long, so it soon disappears.

Today I got out a small cloth cat carrier I picked up by mistake when looking for a kitten pen for little one. Well, she seems to love it as a play pen (long as I don't zip it shut). Thing is, she seems to forget she is in it at times... I just saw her try to run down her cat tunnel while in the play pen!!! Got it right to the tunnel, but then got stuck at the entrance!!!

Oh where oh where is my camera??? (I misplaced it while charging the battery last week. Now have a battery but no camera... )

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #7

Funny story... and missed pics! I recharge the cell phone and the Kindle; never the camera. I stock up on batteries when they're on sale, so can be back in business in the few seconds t takes to pop out the old and in with the new. My little extravagance...

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Funny story... and missed pics! I recharge the cell phone and the Kindle; never the camera. I stock up on batteries when they're on sale, so can be back in business in the few seconds t takes to pop out the old and in with the new. My little extravagance...
Aaaah!

Don't know where I'd get the type of batteries I'd need were I to do that. And I suspect that if I were to buy a new battery I'd have to start by charging it... Fancy square kind...

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Aaaah!

Don't know where I'd get the type of batteries I'd need were I to do that. And I suspect that if I were to buy a new battery I'd have to start by charging it... Fancy square kind...
You must have a fancy camera: mine is a Nikon Coolpix L 2 that uses 2 common garden variety AA batteries. I'm no photographer, just a point-and-shoot type, but I like this camera, had it about 4+ years now.

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
You must have a fancy camera: mine is a Nikon Coolpix L 2 that uses 2 common garden variety AA batteries. I'm no photographer, just a point-and-shoot type, but I like this camera, had it about 4+ years now.
Mine was a b-day/christmas present from parents I think. Brother chose it, as he's more technically minded than I am... Much of it is beyond me, though it does have a lot of the 'point and click' ability to it.