Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #11

Re: Wednesday's woes!

Hi all - late sign in from me. Just to say I am looking forward to seeing you all at the quiz this evening. It's generally around 8.15 BC!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #12

Not sure if i will make the quiz tonight, so don't wait for me. If i can i will tag on.
No Karen there are no secure fields nearby, there is a small park, and fields but all near a main rd with just a hedge. The river walk is ok. I like taking her to Hurst Green as a group of people meet there with their dogs but have to admit it's not relaxing as i am constantly on the alert. Some folks never let Basenjis off lead so i comfort myself with the fact that at least we manage a bit. Also she has Kwame to gallop around the garden with.
As for sticking Chris in a field, what a good idea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #13

Eileen landscapers>....................do tell....have you got pictures? Are you having a patio laid? will you have the area secured so Leia can go out there too? Pictures I need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley maybe get a long training lead about 30ft and let that trail they are only light and you would have the added confidence that you could stop her with putting your foot on the end.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #14

LOL Love the rubbish collection anecdotes!! I always do our wheelie bin; even when I was heavily pregnant. If it left it to OH we'd be wading through 14 years' worth now. And if I had to put the bins out at 2am I'd be going out armed with mace spray; it can get a bit dodgy here at night with the clubbers coming home from town and the junkies

I was horrible unwell yesterday with vertigo; OH has it today but 100 times worse than me to the point where I worked from home today just to keep an eye on him! He's a bit better now, but still can't even get out of bed without nearly falling over

As a result, I have the evening to myself and will hope to make the quiz later on

Warm salad (cucumber, tomato, spring onion, red pepper, roasted tatty cubes + courgettes with fish encrusted with a seed coating) for dinner. I'm starving as I only had the boys' marshmallow flumps for lunch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Good afternoon all.
DM: So the quizzes are still on I love it ...what time??
I have had a banging headache all day that I just cant shift so I am going to chill this evening
Yep, still on: every Wednesday at approximately 8:15 pm your time. Hope to see you there tonight! In Games.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Eileen landscapers>....................do tell....have you got pictures? Are you having a patio laid? will you have the area secured so Leia can go out there too? Pictures I need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley maybe get a long training lead about 30ft and let that trail they are only light and you would have the added confidence that you could stop her with putting your foot on the end.
No pics of the torn up yard today ... am feeling poorly (short of breath, water retention) will try to get some tomorrow. Yes, finally having the patio laid in the back; went for pavers instead of the flagstones. Not quite as attractive, but much less costly. Leia's an indoor cat by her own choice; scared of outdoors!! Remember the time she forced toe door open to pursue Onyx, panicked and fled under the porch and I had to crawl under on hands and knees and drag her out kicking and growling?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #17

Thanks for the tip Karen re the training lead

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
No pics of the torn up yard today ... am feeling poorly (short of breath, water retention) will try to get some tomorrow. Yes, finally having the patio laid in the back; went for pavers instead of the flagstones. Not quite as attractive, but much less costly. Leia's an indoor cat by her own choice; scared of outdoors!! Remember the time she forced toe door open to pursue Onyx, panicked and fled under the porch and I had to crawl under on hands and knees and drag her out kicking and growling?
Ahhh yes I recall that. Seems like yesterday sitting outside will be good for you I suspect in the warmer months and even a nice evening or three thousand.

Sounds brilliant though pavers sound nice I will let you off the pictures just this once.

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Thanks for the tip Karen re the training lead
Have at look at this site http://www.pet-needs.co.uk/site/catalogue.php?id=3 tracking lines very reasonably priced think you ca get them from pets at home too.
I had a couple myself when Sal and Tess went through their teenage stage but gave them to youngstevie (dogsey) for her MIL dog.

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #20

Sorry did not make the quiz had visitors.