Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #1

insurance

I have been enquiring more about insurance now because i have both monsters now.

Looking possibly at petplan and their middle cover that covers them for life. However, our vet doesnt accept direct payment from the insurance. We have to pay first then claim it back. What are everyone elses experiences with this? Are your vets willing to accept payment direct from the vet or are they the same as ours?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #2

Re: insurance

My animals are all insured through petplan. I have to pay first and then claim it back, I have never had any problems, petplan pay out fairly quickly. The only time a vet was paid direct from petplan was when I had to take Eva to the Royal Dick but that was a huge bill of around £3000.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #3

Thanks Elaine. The vet did tell us that for really large amounts, we would be able to get the insurance to pay out first.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #4

Always paid first & claimed back. With company like PP you wont have problems. Life cover is always best. Our kittens are with PP. The dogs are now both with Sainsburys. Katie on yearly & Harvey (just changed him) on Life cover.