Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #11

Re: Friday again

I bet some Catseyers are jumping up and down with delight at the Boxer winning the Working Group at Crufts!

Just read your post Kazz - thanks so much re Mini Schnauzers! I think that More4 has something against them. Yesterday they cut away from an adorable looking black and silver and today did not show the Giant all the way round the ring. What have they got against them???? I'm still sure that's the breed for me - I have my heart set now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
11-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #12

evening all!

angie, so glad mil is settling in so well!
shelley, glad kwame is getting along well with the whole family!
mrsh, glad you've decided to have it out, i was off work for 2 weeks after but took it easy when i got back, wish id taken an extra week tbh!

another freezing cold day here! we've had rain, slushy snow and hailstones along with a strong wind, hope it heats up sick of this weather. just another working day today, busy as always, the area manager phoned to see if i wanted to take on the job of nursing home expert for the area! sounded a bit daunting at first but i will be sent on a training day next month to get any additional info i need! so yeah, sounds good, will be good experience for me and a few days out of the shop!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #13

Awful weather, lynz! The new job sounds good. is it a promotion/raise, I hope?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #14

Eileen Crufts BIS judge is the same chap who judged the Westminster show and placed the Deerhound.

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #15

Must admit Angie I was taken with the Mini Schnauzer today too went back and spoke to them, think they and the minature poodle are now level pegging on the "future dog list"
Schnauzers have a little headstart on the fact they have a little more to them body wise, chunkier. But also really like the schnauzer (standard) lovely dog today at discovery at Crufts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #16

i was hoping for a pay rise but i dont know yet

its a new position the company have created, as far as i know i will still be working my normal job, but will be responsible for checking with the nursing homes at various branches to see if they have any issues and smoothing them over, and some visits i think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #17

Hi all!
Sitting with a cuppa and my feet up after a busy day!
It was really lovely to meet you Kazz, I hope you didn't mind a bit of aimless wandering!
We had a bit of a nightmare getting home, got to the station and our train was cancelled so had to squash onto a packed train to New Street-no-one would move up to let us on so eventually the conductor let us get on the 1st class carriage. The lift wasn't working on our platform so had to take the buggy up and then down the stairs which was a bit difficult but we survived!
Erin has been flat out since her bath and Darcy is enjoying the toy caterpillar I found (after saying she didn't need any more toys! )
Sorry we didn't pinch you a schnauzer Angie, we did see a couple of lovely ones!
Great to hear that your MIL is settling in well too.
Shelley-I must catch up, I didn't realise your new pup was home already and more puppy news for MrsH!
Going to catch up with the Crufts coverage now, still to watch last nights!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #18

It has been a busy daily today. Nice to see so many people here.

So pleased to hear about your MIL settling in well Angie. That's excellent news.

Hope your op is fitted in during your preferred timeframe MrsH, and that all goes well with the possible B&W pup. I tend to think the joke about consultant being 'God' down to the fact they can 'work miracles' through their skills at surgery, rather than down to attitude.

Glad yoru furry friedns are continuing to settle down Pamela, and hope you continue to get a good nights sleep for the nights to come.

Hope your day goes well Eileen - I loved reading about Leia helping herself to the cat food on the other thread. They never let you miss a thing, do they!?!

Additional job possibilities sound good Linz. Hope that it goes well for you.

And it sounds like the people who went to Crufts had a great time. Am so pleased to hear it.

As for me, I have continued on with my quiet day - spent a lot of it listening to TV Themes from when I was a bit younger. Things like Challenge Anneka, Jim'll Fix It, Gladiators, and Police Academy for those who are interested, and know what am on about!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #19

Afternoon, all.
We went to the vets yesterday for two of the dogs. Dee'ogee got a senior panel done as she's 11 and at a dog her size (st.bernard/lab mix) that's getting up there. Doc to call us with results today. Everything else was routine vetting.
Hestia still vomiting so vet has told me to pick up some famotidine (aka Pepcid) from the drug store and give those to her twice a day (5mg at a time) to see if that helps. Probably side effect of the Methimazole.
I had to laugh as we were pulling out the driveway. Kuan Yin was in the window looking quite smug it was the dogs going to the vet this time and not her She looked proud as punch like she'd fooled us
No big plans. Just things around the house.
Angie, that's fantastic news about MIL.
Feel bad for the disaster in Japan..

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Hi all!
Sitting with a cuppa and my feet up after a busy day!
It was really lovely to meet you Kazz, I hope you didn't mind a bit of aimless wandering!
We had a bit of a nightmare getting home, got to the station and our train was cancelled so had to squash onto a packed train to New Street-no-one would move up to let us on so eventually the conductor let us get on the 1st class carriage. The lift wasn't working on our platform so had to take the buggy up and then down the stairs which was a bit difficult but we survived!
Erin has been flat out since her bath and Darcy is enjoying the toy caterpillar I found (after saying she didn't need any more toys! )
Sorry we didn't pinch you a schnauzer Angie, we did see a couple of lovely ones!
Great to hear that your MIL is settling in well too.
Shelley-I must catch up, I didn't realise your new pup was home already and more puppy news for MrsH!
Going to catch up with the Crufts coverage now, still to watch last nights!
I should have come into New Street with you and seen you off on the train......sorry never thought. And that was not aimless wandering, but unplanned meanderings. Hope I did not bore you too much.
I saw the dog boy again as I was going round, he was still on all fours too!